The pseudonym plays off that of the artist Hieronymus Bosch.
The Secret Series is a pentalogy of novels based on the five senses: Sight, Smell, Sound, Taste, and Touch. The narratives of the books are frequently interrupted with short side stories and "secret" information.
The main characters of his books are Cassandra (nicknamed Cass), Yo-Yoji, and Max-Ernest, though those are not their real names. The Series is all about one secret.
Later, Bosch wrote Bad Magic, centering around Max-Ernest's younger brother, Paul-Clay (Later he drops the Paul and desires to be called just Clay) who's hobby is graffiti.
The Secret Series
Bosch's Secret Series consists of the following novels:
- The Name of This Book Is Secret (2007) is based on smell.
- If You're Reading This, It's Too Late (2008) is based on sound.
- This Book Is Not Good for You (2009) is based on taste.
- This Isn't What It Looks Like (2010) is based on sight.
- You Have To Stop This (2011) is based on touch.
- Write This Book (2013) is a do-it-yourself mystery.
Bosch's new series consists of the following novels:
- Bad Magic (2014) centers around a character who was first introduced as Max-Ernest's little brother, Paul Clay, in the "Secret Series."
You Have To Stop This was reported as the last in the Secret Series novels. Bosch has since published Write This Book! and it will be a do it yourself book; "a book that readers will write for me" Bosch stated in an interview with Wired; elaborating: "it is a kind of half-written, guided mystery. Parts of it are going to be multiple choice, choose-your-own adventure, parts of it will be more like Mad Libs, some silly stuff". Furthermore, Galleycat for Mediabistro.com stated that Bosch has since "inked a deal for a new middle grade trilogy". The first book in the new series is titled "Bad Magic" and was released on September 16, 2014. Though it is a new series, there seems to be some continuity with the original "Secret Series" universe.
- "WebVoyage Titles". Cocatalog.loc.gov. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
- Yin, Maryann (April 17, 2012). "Pseudonymous Bosch Lands Deal with Dial Books for Young Readers". Galleycat. Mediabistro.com. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- Moore, Fernanda (July 29, 2011). "Don't Read This". Chapter 16. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- Breary, Jazzmine (April 28, 2011). "How well do you know your pseudonymous authors? | Children's books". The Guardian. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
Submit the (blank) quiz and select the "Show Answers" link for this information.
- "IMPostor Appearances". The Name of This Website is Secret. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- Liu, Jonathan H. (October 9, 2011). "Wordstock Interview: Pseudonymous Bosch". Wired. Retrieved May 24, 2012.