From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up psychedelic or psychedelia in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The psychedelic is a concept the name of which is derived from the Ancient Greek words psychē (ψυχή, "soul") and dēloun (δηλοῦν, "to make visible, to reveal"), translating to "mind-revealing".
Related phenomena include:
- Psychedelic drug (also known as a psychedelic substance or simply a psychedelic), a psychoactive drug whose primary action is to alter cognition and perception; well known psychedelics include LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, mescaline and DMT, while drugs such as cannabis and MDMA are also sometimes considered psychedelics
- Psychedelic experience, a temporary altered state of consciousness induced by the consumption of psychedelic drugs
- Psychedelic art, art inspired by the psychedelic experience
- Psychedelia, a subculture surrounding the psychedelic experience, based on appreciation of psychedelic art and the use of psychedelic drugs
- Psychedelic music, popular music influenced by psychedelia, aiming to replicate or enhance the psychedelic experience
- Psychedelic rock, originating in the mid-1960s
- Psychedelic folk, originating in the late 1960s and early 1970s
- Psychedelic pop, which combines pop music with influences from psychedelic rock and psychedelic folk
- Psychedelic soul, which combines soul music with influences from psychedelic rock
- Psychedelic trance (also known as psytrance or simply psy), an electronic music style originating in the late 1990s
- Psychedelic era, a time of social, musical and artistic change related to psychedelia (from the early 1960s to the mid-1970s)
- Psychedelic literature, literature related to psychedelic drugs and the psychedelic experience
- Psychedelic film, a film genre influenced by psychedelia and the psychedelic experience
- Psychedelic therapy, therapeutic practices involving the use of psychedelic drugs, primarily to assist psychotherapy
- All pages beginning with "psychedelic"
- All pages with titles containing psychedelic
- Psychedelics in problem-solving experiment
- Psychedelic frogfish, named for its appearance
- Psyche (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Psychedelic.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.