Psychos in Love
|Psychos in Love|
|Directed by||Gorman Bechard|
|Produced by||Gorman Bechard|
|Written by||Gorman Bechard, Carmine Capobianco|
|Distributed by||Media Blasters|
Joe, a bartender, and Kate, a manicurist, meet after trying to find a significant other for a long time. They are both murderers. Before meeting Kate, Joe murdered many women after bringing them to his home. A cannibal plumber, Herman, blackmails the serial killers.
Carmine Capobianco said of the script, "We decided to do something that was totally off the wall, totally fun". Contrary to previous information contained in this listing, the part of Herman the Plumber was not played by Eric Lutes, but by Frank Stewart, for whom the role had been especially written after "36-24-36" was shelved. Many of the scenes were improvised and the music was played on a Casio CZ synthesizer.
Bill Gibron, of DVD Talk, wrote, "This critic didn't like this movie when he first saw it back in the late '80s, and nothing has changed since then. He didn't find it funny, inventive, or scary".
It was released on VHS in 1987, distributed by Wizard Video. The film was released on DVD by Shriek Show, a division of Media Blasters, in 2009. The special features include commentaries, a behind the scenes look at the film's production, multiple beginning credits, longer scenes, the film's trailer, a picture gallery, and parts of the stage production.
- Gibron, Bill. "Psychos in Love". DVD Talk. Retrieved July 30, 2013.
- "Psychos In Love: Review". TV Guide. Retrieved July 30, 2013.
- Watt, Mike (2013). Fervid Filmmaking: 66 Cult Pictures of Vision, Verve and No Self-Restraint. McFarland & Company. p. 141. ISBN 9780786493357.
- Albright, Brian (2012). Regional Horror Films, 1958-1990: A State-by-State Guide with Interviews. McFarland & Company. p. 186. ISBN 9780786472277.
- "Psychos in Love VHS". Family Video. Retrieved July 30, 2013.
- "Psychos In Love". Xbox. Retrieved July 30, 2013.