The pterygomandibular raphe (pterygomandibular ligament) is a ligamentous band of the buccopharyngeal fascia, attached superiorly to the pterygoid hamulus of the medial pterygoid plate, and inferiorly to the posterior end of the mylohyoid line of the mandible.
- Its medial surface is covered by the mucous membrane of the mouth.
- Its lateral surface is separated from the ramus of the mandible by a quantity of adipose tissue.
- Its posterior border gives attachment to the superior pharyngeal constrictor muscle.
- Its anterior border attaches to the posterior edge of the buccinator.
- "Anatomy diagram: 05287.011-1". Roche Lexicon - illustrated navigator. Elsevier. Archived from the original on 2014-01-01.
|This ligament-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|