(Redirected from Ptolemais (disambiguation))
Ptolemais, an Ancient Greek place name and feminine personal name, may refer to :
- Places in Africa
- Ptolemais (Cyrenaica), a city in present-day Libya probably named after Ptolemy III Euergetes
- Ptolemais Euergetis alias Crocodilopolis, an Egyptian city renamed Ptolemais Euergetis by Ptolemy III Euergetes
- Ptolemais Hermiou, a Greek colony established in Egypt by Ptolemy I Soter
- Ptolemais Theron, a city on the African coast of the Red Sea, established by Ptolemy II Philadelphus
- Places elsewhere
- Ptolemais in Phoenicia, named Antiochia Ptolemais after Ptolemy I Soter, now Acre, Israel
- Ptolemaida, a Greek city in Northern Greece, named after Ptolemy I Soter
- Ptolemais of Cyrene, a third-century BC mathematician and musical theorist, author of Pythagorean Principles of Music
- Ptolemais, daughter of Ptolemy I Soter and mother of Demetrius the Fair
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ptolemais.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.