|Parent company||Perseus Books Group|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||New York, New York|
PublicAffairs was launched in 1997 by Peter Osnos. The current Publisher is Clive Priddle. The company publishes mostly non-mainstream non-fiction books about politics and current affairs, both American and international.
It has published several books by Nobel Prize-winning authors, including Muhammad Yunus’s Banker to the Poor and Abhijit V. Banerjee and Esther Duflo’s two books Poor Economics and Good Economics for Hard Times.
- "PublicAffairs Books: Also available". PublicAffairs. Archived from the original on January 12, 2008. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- "About Us". PublicAffairs. September 15, 2017. Retrieved May 18, 2021.
- Millot, Jim (December 3, 2007). "Publisher of the Year". Publishers Weekly. Publishers Weekly. Archived from the original on January 6, 2008. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- Company web site
- A film clip "The Open Mind - "The problem with books" (2007)" is available at the Internet Archive
- Panel discussion on the 20th anniversary of PublicAffairs Books, April 17, 2018, C-SPAN