Public Bank Berhad
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||MYX: 1295|
|Industry||Banking and finance|
|Founder||Teh Hong Piow|
|Headquarters||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Revenue|| RM22.45 billion |
(US$5.49 billion) (2019)
| RM7.13 billion |
(US$1.74 billion) (2019)
| RM5.51 billion |
(US$1.35 billion) (2019)
|Total assets|| RM432.8 billion |
(US$105.82 billion) (2019)
Number of employees
Public Bank currently offers a comprehensive range of financial products and services which include personal banking, commercial banking, Islamic banking, investment banking, share broking, trustee services, nominee services, sale and management of unit trust funds, bancassurance and general insurance products. Public Bank's strategy is centered on growth in the retail banking business particularly on the retail consumers and small and medium enterprises ("SMEs").
The Public Bank Group is well known for its strong financial performance and consistent prudent management. It is consistently accorded with strong credit and financial ratings from local and foreign rating agencies. Public Bank gained a long-term rating of AAA the Rating Agency Malaysia. It is the highest rating accorded by Rating Agency Malaysia. It also received a short-term rating of P1 with stable outlook. Standard & Poor's reaffirmed Public Bank's A- long-term rating and A-2 short-term counterparty credit rating with stable outlook. Moody's Investors Service reaffirmed Public Bank's foreign currency long-term deposit rating of A3 and short-term deposit rating of P-2 with stable outlook.
Public Bank currently has a network of 259 branches and over 2000 self terminals in Malaysia. The company also has its presence in the Asia-Pacific region with a network of 1 subsidiary in Hong Kong (Public Bank (Hong Kong) Limited, with 79 branches), 1 subsidiary in Cambodia (Cambodian Public Bank Plc, with 30 branches), 1 subsidiary in Vietnam (Public Bank Vietnam Limited, with 12 branches), 4 branches in Laos, 3 branches in China and 3 branches in Sri Lanka.
In total, the company serves more than 9 million customers in countries where it operates.
- Public Islamic Bank
- Public Investment Bank
- Public Mutual Berhad
- Public Bank (Labuan)
- PB Trustee Services
- Public Bank (Hong Kong) Limited
- Public Finance Limited
- Winton (B.V.I.) Limited
- Cambodian Public Bank Plc
- Campu Lonpac Insurance Plc
- Campu Securities Plc
- Public Bank Vietnam Limited
Board of directors
The current members of Public Bank Group's board of directors are:
- Teh Hong Piow (chairman emeritus)
- Lai Wan (independent non-executive chairman)
- Tay Ah Lek (managing director)
- Tang Wing Chew (independent non-executive director)
- Lai Wai Keen (independent non-executive director)
- Cheah Kim Ling (independent non-executive director)
- Lee Chin Guan (non-independent non-executive director)
- Mohd Hanif Sher Mohamed (independent non-executive director)
- Tham Chai Fong (independent non-executive director)
- "Public Bank (PBB)'s and PBB Group's Audited Results for the Fourth Quarter and Financial Year Ended 31 December 2019". publicbankgroup.com. Archived from the original on 12 March 2020. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 4 July 2015. Retrieved 4 July 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Public Bank Berhad. "Corporate Profile". About Us. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- "Board of Directors' Profile". publicbankgroup.com. Retrieved 10 March 2020.