Public Bank Berhad
|Publicly traded company|
|Traded as||MYX: 1295|
|Industry||Banking and Finance|
|Founder||Teh Hong Piow|
|Headquarters||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Teh Hong Piow, Chairman
Tay Ah Lek, Managing Director/CEO
|Revenue|| RM19.18 billion
(US$4.81 billion) (2015)
| RM6.63 billion
(US$1.66 billion) (2015)
| RM5.06 billion
(US$1.27 billion) (2015)
|Total assets|| RM363.76 billion
(US$91.26 billion) (2015)
Number of employees
Public Bank currently offers a comprehensive range of financial products and services which include personal banking, commercial banking, Islamic banking, investment banking, share broking, trustee services, nominee services, sale and management of unit trust funds, bancassurance and general insurance products. Public Bank's strategy is centered on growth in the retail banking business particularly on the retail consumers and small and medium enterprises ("SMEs").
The Public Bank Group is well known for its strong financial performance and consistent prudent management. It is consistently accorded with strong credit and financial ratings from local and foreign rating agencies. Public Bank gained a long-term rating of AAA the Rating Agency Malaysia. It is the highest rating accorded by Rating Agency Malaysia. It also received a short-term rating of P1 with stable outlook. Standard & Poor’s reaffirmed Public Bank’s A- long-term rating and A-2 short-term counterparty credit rating with stable outlook. Moody’s Investors Service reaffirmed Public Bank’s foreign currency long-term deposit rating of A3 and short-term deposit rating of P-2 with stable outlook.
Public Bank currently has a network of 259 branches and 1,801 self-service terminals in Malaysia. The company also has its presence in the Asia-Pacific region with a network of 1 subsidiary in Hong Kong (Public Bank (Hong Kong) Limited, with 83 branches), 1 subsidiary in Cambodia (Cambodian Public Bank Plc, with 27 branches), 1 subsidiary in Vietnam (Public Bank Vietnam Limited, with 7 branches), 4 branches in Laos, 3 branches in China and 3 branches in Sri Lanka.
In total, the company serves more than 9 million customers in countries where it operates.
- Public Islamic Bank
- Public Investment Bank
- Public Mutual Berhad
- Public Bank (Labuan)
- PB Trustee Services
- Public Bank (Hong Kong) Limited
- Public Finance Limited
- Winton (B.V.I.) Limited
- Cambodian Public Bank Plc
- Campu Lonpac Insurance Plc
- Campu Securities Plc
- Public Bank Vietnam Limited
Board of directors
- Tan Sri Dato' Sri Dr. Teh Hong Piow (Non-executive Chairman)
- Tan Sri Dato' Sri Tay Ah Lek (Managing Director)
- Dato' Yeoh Chin Kee (Independent Non-Executive Director)
- Dato' Haji Abdul Aziz bin Dato' Dr. Omar (Independent Non-Executive Director)
- Quah Poh Keat (Independent Non-Executive Director)
- Tang Wing Chew (Independent Non-Executive Director)
- Lai Wan (Independent Non-Executive Director)
- Lai Wai Keen (Independent Non-Executive Director)
- "2015 Public Bank Annual Report - Financial Statements". Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- Public Bank Berhad. "Corporate Profile". About Us. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Public Bank Berhad.|