Public Health Engineering Department
During natural disasters the agency has the responsibility to get drinking water to the public as well as collaborating with aid organisations for this purpose. For example during a cyclone in Sindh in 2007 PHED submitted a proposal to UNICEF for a permanent solution to clean drinking water Sibi District. The agency also coordinated relief efforts with UNICEF in Ziarat District during the 2008 earthquake.
Historically the PHED had been responsible for all water and sanitation projects at the district level, however following the devolution of 2001 become subordinate to elected nazims at district and tehsil level.
- Bhatt, Shankarlal C. "of Indian States and Union Territories". Google Books. Land & People (book). Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- "Water, Engineering and Development Centre - Loughborough University" (PDF). wedc.lboro.ac.uk.
- "Home : Welcome to Public Health Engineering Department, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, India". arunachalphed.nic.in.
- "Pakistan: Floods/Cyclone OCHA Situation Report No. 8".
- "USAID Assistance to Pakistan".
- The South Asian earthquake 2005: Water and sanitation in a transitional phase of post disaster efforts
|This article about government in Pakistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|