Public Land Corps
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Public Land Corps (PLC) is a work and education program for young people that is run by the United States National Park Service (NPS) in association with state conservation and service corps. The objective is the rehabilitation and restoration of public land resources and infrastructure. The Public Land Corps was authorized by the National and Community Service Trust Act on May 27, 1993, H.R. 2328.
The state organizations recruit young Americans between ages 16 to 25 to join the Public Land Corps. The Corps offers
- meaningful, full-time, productive work in a natural or cultural resource setting;
- a mix of work experience, basic and life skills, education, training and support services; and
- the opportunity to develop citizenship values and skills through service to their community and the United States.
Participants repair or construct parks trails, removing invasive species, restore historic buildings, and conduct other projects.
Participating conservation and service corps
- Student Conservation Association
- Serve Alaska Youth Corps
- Colorado Range Rider Youth Corps
- Southwest Conservation Corps
- Western Colorado Conservation Corps
- Rocky Mountain Youth Corps
- Maine Conservation Corps
- Civic Works
- Minnesota Conservation Corps
- Nevada Conservation Corps
- Northwest Youth Corps
- Texas Conservation Corps at American YouthWorks
- Utah Conservation Corps
- Vermont Youth Conservation Corps
- Washington Conservation Corps, Department of Ecology
- Washington Conservation Corps, Department of Natural Resources
- Citizens Conservation Corps of West Virginia
- Appalachian Forest Heritage Area
- "Student Conservation Association | Conservation Begins Here". The SCA. 2012-09-24. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "SAGA: Outdoor Programs in Alaska since 1986". Servealaska.org. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "CREC - Coconino Rural Environment Corps". Crecweb.org. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Southwest Conservation Corps - Durango, Tucson, Salida, Acoma". Sccorps.org. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "California Conservation Corps". Ccc.ca.gov. 2012-09-25. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "LA Conservation Corps - Home". Lacorps.org. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "注目のコピー機 ＷＥＢサイト". Rangerideryouthcorps.org. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Home". Rockymountainyouthcorps.org. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Maine Department of Conservation Bureau of Parks & Lands: About the Bureau". Maine.gov. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Civic Works". Civic Works. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Nevada Conservation Corps". The Great Basin Institute. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Northwest Youth Corps". Nwyouthcorps.org. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Utah Conservation Corps". www.usu.edu. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Vermont Youth Conservation Corps". Vycc.org. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Washington Conservation Corps (WCC)". Dnr.wa.gov. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Citizens Conservation Corps of WV". Wvccc.com. Retrieved 2012-10-04.