Public Media Connect
Public Media Connect, Inc. is a non-profit organization that owns southwest Ohio's largest PBS member television stations. It was formed in 2009 from the merger of the Greater Cincinnati Television Educational Foundation, which operates WCET in Cincinnati under the "CET" brand, and Greater Dayton Public Television, whose "ThinkTV" brand is shared by WPTD in Dayton and WPTO in Oxford, along with translators in Celina and Maplewood. CET and ThinkTV continue to operate as subsidiary non-profits under the Public Media Connect umbrella organization. Combined, the three stations serve a potential audience of 3.3 million people in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
Until July 2010, the three stations maintained separate productions and control staff. In July 2010, master control for both stations was centralized in Dayton. They continue to maintain distinct program schedules and conduct separate fundraising efforts. Public Media Connect enables the stations to pool resources.
- "ThinkTV, CET form Public Media Connect Inc.". Cincinnati Business Courier. Cincinnati, Ohio: American City Business Journals. 2009-05-08.
- "About CET". CETConnect. Greater Cincinnati Television Education Foundation. Archived from the original on December 7, 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
CET's legal name is Greater Cincinnati Television Education Foundation
- "ThinkTV and CET to Form New Regional Company Public Media Connect, Inc." (Press release). Greater Cincinnati Television Educational Foundation and Greater Dayton Public Television. 2009-05-08.
- Kiesewetter, John (2010-07-19). "Merger cuts CET jobs". The Cincinnati Enquirer. Gannett Company. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
Five full-time positions, including both master control operators, have been eliminated by CET. ... Starting last weekend, CET's signal was being sent from Dayton to the station here, and then to the Fairview Heights tower and Time Warner cable, employees say.
- Public Media Connect Board of Trustees – ThinkTV website