Public holidays in Liberia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|January 1||New Year's Day|
|February 11||Armed Forces Day||Honors the Armed Forces of Liberia|
|Second Wednesday of March||Decoration Day||Day to decorate the graves of ancestors.|
|March 15||J.J. Roberts' Birthday||Birthday of the first president of Liberia.|
|Second Friday of April||Fast and Prayer Day||Established by an act of the national legislature in 1883.|
|May 14||National Unification Day||Also called “Integration Day,” the purpose is to improve relations between descendants of American slaves and members of the aboriginal population. Established 1960.|
|July 26||Independence Day||From the United States, 1847|
|August 24||Flag Day||The holiday was first observed in an 1847 convention, when the founding fathers approved the flag's design along with establishing the new republic.|
|First Thursday of November||Thanksgiving||Established in the 1880s, this is a day for prayer to thank God for being born in a free country.|
|November 29||William Tubman's Birthday||Birthday of the longest serving President in Liberia|
- "Embassy of Liberia - Home". Liberianembassyus.org. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- "Armed Forces Day 2021, 2022 and 2023 in Liberia". PublicHolidays.africa. Retrieved August 23, 2020.
- "Joseph Jenkins Roberts' Birthday 2021, 2022 and 2023 in Liberia". PublicHolidays.africa. Retrieved August 23, 2020.
- "Friday is Fast and Prayer Day". liberianobserver.com. Retrieved 11 November 2020.
- "National Unification Day 2021, 2022 and 2023 in Liberia". PublicHolidays.africa. Retrieved August 23, 2020.
- "Liberia Flag Day". Encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- "Thanksgiving Day 2020, 2021 and 2022 in Liberia". PublicHolidays.africa. Retrieved August 23, 2020.