Public information officer
Public information officers (PIOs) are the communications coordinators or spokespersons of certain governmental organizations (i.e. city, county, school district, state government and police/fire departments). The primary responsibility of a PIOs is to provide information to the public and media as necessary and to meet the legal requirements. PIOs are often identified by the initials "PIO" emblazoned on helmets or vests.
- Florida Court Public Information Officers, Inc.
- Kansas Association of Public Information Officers
- National Information Officers Association
- California Association of Public Information Officials
- Emergency Services Public Information Officers of Colorado
- Florida Law Enforcement Public Information Officers Association