|Traded as||Euronext: PUB|
|Maurice Lévy (CEO)
Élisabeth Badinter (Chairman of the supervisory board)
|Products||Branding & identity
Media planning and buying
|Revenue||€9,6 billion (2014)|
|Profit||€937 million (2014)|
Publicis Groupe is a French multinational advertising and public relations company, headquartered in Paris, France. It is one of the "Big Four" agency companies (alongside WPP, Interpublic and Omnicom). Publicis Groupe S.A. is presided by Maurice Lévy, and its agencies provide digital and traditional advertising, media services and marketing services (SAMS) to national and multinational clients.
On 28 July 2013, it was announced that Publicis Groupe and Omnicom Group would merge to form Publicis Omnicom Group. On May 8, 2014, it was abruptly announced that the deal had fallen through and that the Publicis Groupe and Omnicom Group merger would not happen.
The company was founded by Marcel Bleustein-Blanchet in 1926. The company owned several full-service advertising groups that undertake a range of media activities: mobile and interactive online communication, television, magazines & newspapers, cinema and radio, outdoor. The company's SAMS services include direct marketing/customer relationship management services, sales promotion, healthcare communications, multicultural and ethnic communications, corporate and financial communications, human resource infrastructure, public relations, design services, interactive communications, events marketing and management, sports marketing, and production and pre-press services. Its media services include media planning, media buying, and media sales. Publicis Groupe's Vivaki  pole has developed a technological platform supported by Microsoft, Google, Yahoo! and AOL Platform A technologies that offers advertisers the possibility to target specifically defined audiences in a single campaign across multiple networks.
In 2011, Publicis was named the third largest marketing group worldwide by revenue, surpassing Interpublic. By the end of 2010, the twin sectors of digital activities and high-growth emerging countries represented one-half of Publicis Groupe's total revenue.
The group had operations in over 202 cities in 105 countries, including a strategic alliance with Dentsu. In 2013, Publicis announced plans to merge with Omnicom to form Publicis Omnicom Group; however this plan ultimately failed as it was announced in May 2014.
In February 2015, Publicis acquired Sapient Corporation to form Publicis.Sapient as the largest Digital Network on the planet including SapientNitro, Sapient Consulting, DigitasLBI and RazorfishGlobal.
As of November 2014, the main subsidiary companies of this group are:
- Global networks
- Other creative networks and agencies
- Digital and Media
- Sapient Corporation
- Nurun (Former Nurun offices in Milan, Nancy, Paris, Québec City, Toronto and Turin are now part of Razorfish)
- Specialized Agencies
- Information Technology
- RE:Sources IT
- LEVEL Studios
- John Rossant, vice president of communications and public affairs for Publicis
- "Publicis Groupe: 2012 Annual Results". Publicis Groupe. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- The New York Times. "Advertising's Big Four: It's Their World Now".
- "Leo Burnett parent in huge ad merger deal" Chicago Tribune, 28 July 2013
- "At Odds, Omnicom and Publicis End Merger" New-York Times, 08 May 2014
- Garside, Juliette (28 July 2013). "Omnicom and Publicis merger creates communications giant". The Guardian.
- History of Digital Pre-Press Services (last checked on 11 February 2008)
- Brand Republic. "WPP overtakes Omnicom as biggest marketing group". Retrieved 12 April 2011.
- Gelles, David. "At Odds, Omnicom and Publicis End Merger". The New York Times. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- Groupe Brands – Advertising
- Rosetta Corporate Website
- "Publicis Groupe Acquires Expicient Inc". Global News Wire. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- "DigitasLBi revives Lost Boys brand". Campaign. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- "MRY and LBi US Announce Merger". Yahoo! Finance.
- "Publicis buys Kitcatt Nohr to merge with Digitas". Campaign. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- "LBi buys ecommerce specialist Sceneric". Econsultancy. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- Dynante Corporate Website
- "ZenithOptimedia HomePage".
- Nurun Corporate Website
- "Social Media Agency". Big Fuel. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "Publicis Groupe Acquires Resultrix". Reuters. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- "Publicis Groupe acquires Mumbai-based Convonix". Retrieved 12 March 2013.
- Groupe Brands – Specialized Agencies
- Phonevalley Corporate Website
- "Publicis Groupe Acquires Monterosa"
- "IT". RE Sources. Retrieved 1 January 2013.