Remains of St. Margaret's Church, Pudding Norton
|Pudding Norton shown within Norfolk|
|Area||5.95 km2 (2.30 sq mi)|
|• Density||42/km2 (110/sq mi)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
Pudding Norton is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It covers an area of 2.30 sq mi (6.0 km2) and (including Testerton) had a population of 267 in 126 households at the 2001 census, falling to 252 at the 2011 Census. For the purposes of local government, it falls within the district of North Norfolk.
Pudding Norton civil parish contains the villages of Pudding Norton and Testerton, both of which became largely deserted by the Post-medieval period. Pudding Norton village sits at the centre of the parish, and earthworks to the south and east show the previous medieval extent of the village.
Only two buildings of architectural interest remain. The first, the church of Saint Margaret, retains just the walls of its west tower and part of the west end of the nave. It was constructed in flint and limestone, and is thought to date to the 12th and 13th centuries.
The second is the Grade II Listed Pudding Norton Hall, a building initially built in the 17th century, reconstructed in the 18th and 19th centuries, and since developed into a farmhouse.
- Census population and household counts for unparished urban areas and all parishes. Office for National Statistics & Norfolk County Council (2001). Retrieved 20 June 2009.
- "Parish population 2011". Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- Morris, J. (General Editor), (1984). Domesday Book, 33 Norfolk, Part I and Part II, Chichester: Phillimore & Co
- Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. (1999). The Buildings of England. Norfolk 2: North-West and South, London: Penguin Books.
- A Vision of Britain Through Time: Pudding Norton CP by H. Shouthall, retrieved December 7, 2006
- UK & Ireland Genealogy page on Pudding Norton by Pat Newby, retrieved December 8, 2006
- Norfolk Churches: St Margaret, Pudding Norton by Simon Knott, retrieved December 8, 2006
Media related to Pudding Norton at Wikimedia Commons