|Cinematography||K. S. Mani|
B. S. Lokanath
|Edited by||P. Mohanraj|
Pudhiya Raagam (transl. New raga) is a 1991 Indian Tamil-language drama film written, directed and produced by Jayachitra, making her directorial debut with the film featuring herself in lead role with her son Amresh Ganesh (portraying child artist), Rahman and Raghuvaran, with Rupini, S. S. Chandran, Chinni Jayanth, Varun Raj and Kovai Sarala playing supporting roles. The film was released on 21 June 1991, and bombed at the box-office.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (October 2022)
The film starts with the famous singer Anuradha marrying Raghuraman. Four years later, Anuradha and Raghuraman are not happy with each other, and they don't have kids. Anuradha becomes a busy singer, while Raghuraman doesn't believe in hard work and wants to earn easy money. To finance his sister's wedding, Raghuraman starts to steal money from his wife and to sell her jewels without her knowledge. Even after Anuradha finally realises his trickery and lies, she can do nothing. Thereafter, Anuradha meets her former lover Raja who is now married and has a kid named Anu Mohan.
In the past, Anuradha helped Raja to become a good singer, Raja slowly fell in love with Anuradha. Whereas Raja's relative Sheela was in love with Raja and Sheela compelled him to marry her but Raja refused to marry her. After her suicide attempt, Raja was obliged to marry Sheela.
The situation gets tense when Raghuraman expels Anuradha's brother Gopi from the house and he openly confesses his affair to Anuradha with another woman. He is later arrested for fraud but Anuradha then brings out of the prison. Anuradha still likes her husband and she is determined to endure the suffering. Anuradha finds solace by playing with Raja's baby Anu Mohan, afterwards, Raja reveals that he is a widower. What transpires next forms the rest of the story.
- Jayachitra as Anuradha
- Rahman as Raja
- Raghuvaran as Raghuraman
- Rupini as Sheela
- Amresh Ganesh as Anu Mohan
- S. S. Chandran as Jil
- Chinni Jayanth as Vivek
- Varun Raj as Gopi
- Kovai Sarala as Bulbul
- C. R. Saraswathi as Raghuraman's mother
- Prathapachandran as Raghuraman's father
- Omakuchi Narasimhan as Tavil
- Gundu Kalyanam as Dholak
- Singamuthu as Clarinet
- Oru Viral Krishna Rao
- Pandari Bai as Thaiyamma
- S. N. Lakshmi as Raja's grandmother
- T. S. Raghavendra as Raja's father
- Typist Gopu
- G. Srinivasan
- A. Sakunthala
- Crazy Venkatesh as Venkatesh
- Gangai Amaran (cameo)
|"Maalai Soodum"||K. S. Chithra||Kanmani Subbu||4:38|
|"Vaadumo Oviyam"||Mano, S. Janaki||Vaali||4:56|
|"Oh Janani"||Mano||Kanmani Subbu||4:55|
|"Malligai Maalai Katti"||Ilaiyaraaja||Vaali||5:01|
|"Deivangal"||Mano, S. Janaki||5:01|
|"Paade Choodu"||S. Janaki||4:41|
|"Oh Janani Naa Vani"||Mano||4:39|
|"Padana Na Swaramu"||Mano, S. Janaki||4:55|
|"Pachchani Pandarilona"||P. Susheela||4:59|
|"Daivale Deevinchina"||Mano, S. Janaki||5:00|
- "Pudhiya Raagam ( 1991 )". cinesouth.com. Archived from the original on 12 August 2004. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Jayachitra – The new TR". IndiaGlitz. 16 February 2010. Archived from the original on 22 August 2010. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Puthiya Raagam (1991)". Raaga.com (in Tamil). Archived from the original on 16 March 2022. Retrieved 26 April 2022.
- "Pudhiya Raagam Tamil Film LP Vinyl Record by Ilayaraja". Mossymart. Archived from the original on 18 October 2022. Retrieved 26 April 2022.
- "Anubandhalu". Spotify. Archived from the original on 26 April 2022. Retrieved 28 December 2020.
- சி. ஆர். கே. (30 June 1991). "புதிய ராகம்". Kalki (in Tamil). p. 64. Archived from the original on 5 April 2023. Retrieved 5 April 2023.