|Cinematography||K. S. Mani|
B. S. Lokanath
|Edited by||P. Mohanraj|
Pudhiya Raagam is a 1991 Tamil drama film written, directed and produced by Jayachitra, making her directorial debut with the film featuring herself in lead role with her son Amresh Ganesh (portraying child artist), Rahman and Raghuvaran, with Rupini, S. S. Chandran, Chinni Jayanth, Varun Raj and Kovai Sarala playing supporting roles. The film had musical score by Ilaiyaraaja and was released on 21 June 1991. The film bombed at the box-office.
The film starts with the famous singer Anuradha (Jayachitra) getting married to Raghuraman (Raghuvaran). Four years later, Anuradha and Raghuraman are not happy with each other, and they don't have kids. Anuradha becomes a busy singer, while Raghuraman doesn't believe in hard work and wants to earn easy money. To finance his sister's wedding, Raghuraman starts to steal money from his wife and to sell her jewels without her knowledge. Even after Anuradha finally realizes his trickery and lies, she can do nothing. Thereafter, Anuradha meets her former lover Raja (Rahman) who is now married and has a kid named Anu Mohan (Amresh Ganesh).
In the past, Anuradha helped Raja to become a good singer, Raja slowly fell in love with Anuradha. Whereas Raja's relative Sheela (Rupini) was in love with Raja and Sheela compelled him to get married to her but Raja refused to marry her. After her suicide attempt, Raja was obliged to get married to Sheela.
The situation gets tense when Raghuraman expels Anuradha's brother Gopi (Varun Raj) from the house and he openly confesses his affair to Anuradha with another woman. He is later arrested for fraud but Anuradha then brings out of the prison. Anuradha still likes her husband and she is determined to endure the suffering. Anuradha finds solace by playing with Raja's baby Anu Mohan, afterwards, Raja reveals that he is a widower. What transpires next forms the rest of the story.
- Jayachitra as Anuradha
- Rahman as Raja
- Raghuvaran as Raghuraman
- Rupini as Sheela
- Amresh Ganesh as Anu Mohan
- S. S. Chandran as Jil
- Chinni Jayanth as Vivek
- Varun Raj as Gopi
- Kovai Sarala as Bulbul
- C. R. Saraswathi as Raghuraman's mother
- Prathapachandran as Raghuraman's father
- Omakuchi Narasimhan as Tavil
- Gundu Kalyanam as Dholak
- Singamuthu as Clarinet
- Oru Viral Krishna Rao
- Pandari Bai as Thaiyamma
- S. N. Lakshmi as Raja's grandmother
- T. S. Raghavendra as Raja's father
- Typist Gopu
- G. Srinivasan
- CID Sakunthala
- Crazy Venkatesh as Venkatesh
- Gangai Amaran in a cameo appearance
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1||'Maalai Soodum'||K. S. Chithra||4:38|
|2||'Vaadumo Oviyam'||Mano, S. Janaki||4:56|
|4||'Malligai Maalai Katti'||Ilaiyaraaja||5:01|
|5||'Deivangal'||Mano, S. Janaki||5:01|
- "Puthiya Raagam (1991) Tamil Movie". spicyonion.com. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Pudhiya Raagam (1991)". gomolo.com. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Filmography of pudhiya raagam". cinesouth.com. Archived from the original on 12 August 2004. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Find Tamil Movie Pudhiya Raagam". jointscene.com. Archived from the original on 4 February 2010. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Jayachitra The new TR". IndiaGlitz. 16 February 2010. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Puthiya Raagam Songs". raaga.com. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Puthiya Raagam (1991)". mio.to. Retrieved 26 January 2017.