Official logo of Puducherry Police
|Operations jurisdiction||Puducherry, IN|
|Legal jurisdiction||State of Puducherry|
|Governing body||Government of Puducherry|
|Headquarters||Mahe de Labourdonnais St, White Town, Puducherry, 605001|
The Puducherry Police date back to the period of French colonial rule prior to 1954. Separate Armed and Indigenous (local) police units were maintained at that time. The modern force still retains the French kepi as a distinctive feature of its uniform.
The Puducherry Police coordinates with other law enforcement agencies across the country to catch offenders and criminals.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Puducherry Police.|
- "POLICE HISTORY". Government of Puducherry. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- Puducherry Police
- Kishore, Kavita (November 11, 2013). "Police plan to recruit more women". Puducherry. The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- "Daring display of skills by women constable recruits". Puducherry. The Hindu. May 27, 2008. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- Kishore, Kavita (November 8, 2013). "Catching criminals at the click of a mouse". Puducherry. The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- C, Jaishankar (October 23, 2012). "Puducherry to establish first open prison soon". Puducherry. The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-01-27.