Official logo of Puducherry Police
|Operations jurisdiction||Puducherry, IN|
|Legal jurisdiction||State of Puducherry|
|Governing body||Government of Puducherry|
|Headquarters||Mahe de Labourdonnais St, White Town, Puducherry, 605001|
The Puducherry Police date back to the period of French colonial rule prior to 1954. Separate Armed and Indigenous (local) police units were maintained at that time. The modern force still retains the French kepi as a distinctive feature of its uniform.
The Puducherry Police coordinates with other law enforcement agencies across the country to catch offenders and criminals.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Puducherry Police.|
- "New police chief takes over". The Hindu. 16 June 2016. Retrieved 14 September 2019.
- "POLICE HISTORY". Government of Puducherry. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- Puducherry Police
- Kishore, Kavita (11 November 2013). "Police plan to recruit more women". Puducherry. The Hindu. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Daring display of skills by women constable recruits". Puducherry. The Hindu. 27 May 2008. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- Kishore, Kavita (8 November 2013). "Catching criminals at the click of a mouse". Puducherry. The Hindu. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- C, Jaishankar (23 October 2012). "Puducherry to establish first open prison soon". Puducherry. The Hindu. Retrieved 27 January 2014.