Puerta de Bisagra
The structure was constructed in the 10th century, in the time of the Moorish Taifa of Toledo in Islamic Al-Andalus. It is also called 'Bisagra Antigua' to distinguish it from the Puerta de Bisagra Nueva which was built in 1559. The gate was the main entrance to the city and dates from the Moorish period.
- Clara Delgado Valero, Regreso a tulaytula: Guía del Toledo islámico: siglos VIII-XI, ed. Junta de Comunidades de Castilla-La Mancha, 1999, p. 133-4
- Museum With No Frontiers (MWNF): Puerta de Bisagra webpage
- Oronoz.com: Photos of Puerta de Bisagra
- Archnet.org: "Arrabal Quarter and Puerta Bisagra"
- Visitclm.com: Castilla-La Mancha, Discover and Feel—Puerta de Bisagra
|This article about Al-Andalus is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Spanish building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|