Puff Puff (sexual term)
The term "Puff-Puff" comes from the Japanese onomatopoeia for a woman rubbing her breasts in someone's face; the term can also be used for a woman juggling her own breasts. The term was originally coined by manga artist Akira Toriyama and featured in Chapter 5 of his series Dragon Ball, published in Weekly Shōnen Jump on January 15, 1985. Puff-Puff is one of the special acts available in the Dragon Quest series of video games, for which Toriyama is the character designer.
References to the act were removed from the American television broadcast of the Dragon Ball anime adaptation. One reference of the act was also removed from the American release of the first Dragon Quest game.
- Kalata, Kurt. "The History of Dragon Quest". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- "The Japanification of Children's Popular Culture: From Godzilla to Miyazaki - Mark I. West - Google Books". Books.google.com. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- "Ūron Arawaru!!" ウーロンあらわる!! [Oolong Appears!!]. Weekly Shōnen Jump (in Japanese). Shueisha (4/5). 1985-01-15.
- Kauz, Andrew (2010-08-21). "The rubbing of breasts on faces in Dragon Quest IX". Destructoid. Retrieved 2011-04-17.
- "Encyclopedia of Play in Today's Society - Rodney P. Carlisle - Google Books". Books.google.com. Retrieved 2012-05-07.