This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
126.96.36.199160 (Android), 5.2.2 (iOS)
188.8.131.526 Beta (Windows 7/10)
|Operating system||Android, iOS, Windows (beta), Android TV|
Puffin Browser is a web browser released by American-based CloudMosa, Inc for Android, iOS, Microsoft Windows and Android TV. The web browser was released in 2010, and utilizes encrypted cloud servers for content processing. The cloud servers enhances loading of web pages and data encryption while also reducing bandwidth. In addition, since the web data used by the Puffin web browser is stored in the cloud, user data remains safe from hackers. The web browser is therefore a suitable browser to use with unsecured public Wi-Fi networks.
Puffin comes with Adobe Flash Player to play Adobe Flash content, especially on mobile devices, where Flash was discontinued due to security issues. It also comes with virtual trackpad, gamepad, and on screen keyboard functions. As a result of the web pages being processed through cloud servers, the user's IP address when browsing the World Wide Web on the Puffin web browser reflects the cloud server's IP address. This causes some websites to detect the Puffin Browser as a proxy server.
In 2017, the Puffin Browser was the top utility application in the App Store across 58 countries including France, United Kingdom, Japan, Italy and South Korea.
In addition to Lite and Pro versions, Puffin Browser has several alternatives such as Puffin Academy, and Puffin for Facebook.
As of October 24, 2018, the Puffin Browser has reached over 50 million users on Android.
Puffin Web Browser
Puffin Web Browser is the standard Puffin Browser application for Android and iOS. The Puffin web browser includes support for Adobe Flash content and features such as mouse cursor emulation and a virtual gamepad. Users are able to choose where to save a downloaded file, either to users' devices or directly to their storage drive. The web browser also allows users to reduce the amount of data being used, such as Flash games that often consume a lot of data.
- "Company Overview of CloudMosa Inc". Bloomberg. Retrieved 13 Jan 2019.
- Mark Jansen, Digital Trends. "Keep on clicking with the 10 best browsers for Android." November 10, 2018. Retrieved January 4, 2018.
- Puffin Web Browser Brings Flash to Mobile Phones, Lifehacker
- "5 awesome web browsers for Android". Digital Trends. August 6, 2016. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- Costea Lestoc, Windows Report. "Puffin browser enhances the performance of slower Windows PCs." December 24, 2017. Retrieved January 9, 2017.
- "Puffin Browser Pro for Android gets Adblock". The Jucktion. May 23, 2018. Retrieved October 28, 2018.
- Harrison Weber, publication. "CloudMosa, the company behind the ‘wicked fast’ Puffin mobile browser, just raised $18M." December 2, 2014. Retrieved January 3, 2019.
- Staff, VMBlog. "CloudMosa Celebrates 50 Million Global Users on Android Devices." October 24, 2018. Retrieved January 3, 2019.
- Andy, The Tech Bulletin. "Use the Puffin Browser to Play Flash Games on Android." August 20, 2017. Retrieved January 9, 2019.
- Mark Jansen, Digital Trends. "Keep on clicking with the 10 best browsers for Android." November 10, 2018. Retrieved January 10, 2019.