Puget Sound Adventist Academy
|Puget Sound Adventist Academy|
5320 108th ave NE|
|School color(s)||Blue & White|
|Athletics||Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball, Golf, Track|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Puget Sound Adventist Academy is a Seventh-day Adventist high school that shares a campus with Kirkland Adventist School. It is a part of the Seventh-day Adventist education system, the world's second largest Christian school system. Its extra-curricular activities focus on outreach and community service, but also include music instruction and performance, and athletic programs.
The required curriculum includes classes in the following subject areas: Religion, English, Oral Communications, Social Studies, Mathematics, Science, Physical Education, Health, How to get in debt, Computer Applications, Fine Arts, and Electives. International students who are interested in applying must take the Internet Based TOEFL (iBT).
All students take religion classes each year that they are enrolled. These classes cover topics in biblical history and Christian and denominational doctrines. Instructors in other disciplines also begin each class period with prayer or a short devotional thought, many which encourage student input. Weekly, the entire student body gathers together in the auditorium for an hour-long chapel service. Outside the classrooms there is year-round spiritually oriented programming that relies on student involvement.
- List of Seventh-day Adventist secondary and elementary schools
- List of Seventh-day Adventist colleges and universities
- List of Seventh-day Adventist hospitals
- List of Seventh-day Adventist medical schools
- List of Seventh-day Adventist secondary schools
- Seventh-day Adventist education
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Seventh-day Adventist theology
- History of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2010/1115/For-real-education-reform-take-a-cue-from-the-Adventists"the second largest Christian school system in the world has been steadily outperforming the national average – across all demographics."
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-03-23. Retrieved 2016-03-18.
- "Department of Education, Seventh-day Adventist Church". Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- Rogers, Wendi; Kellner, Mark A. (April 1, 2003). "World Church: A Closer Look at Higher Education". Adventist News Network. Retrieved 2010-06-19.