Puget Sound Outcast Derby
|Metro area||Seattle, Washington|
|Venue||Shoreline Derby Center|
Puget Sound Outcast Derby (PSOD) is a men's roller derby league based in Tacoma, Washington. The league was founded in 2007 and consists of a two teams, The Puget Sound Outcasts and the Puget Sound Castaways which plays teams from other leagues.
For Puget Sound's first two years, they primarily exhibited their skills during the half-time break in bouts by local women's leagues. In 2008, they organised "Throwdown in the Sound", described by the Derby News Network as "the first serious attempt at a men's flat-track tournament".
By 2009, they engaged with the Men's Derby Coalition, then consisting entirely of leagues on the east coast of the United States. They joined in July 2010, becoming the coalition's fifth league.
The Coalition subsequently became the Men's Roller Derby Association (MRDA), and Puget Sound were seeded fourth for their 2011 Championship. However, they defeated top seeds the St. Louis GateKeepers to reach the final, where they lost narrowly to the New York Shock Exchange.
- Julie Fergus, "Men form their own roller derby leagues alongside women’s leagues", Central Kitsap Reporter, 18 July 2011
- Justice Feelgood Marshall, "Preview: MRDA Championships", Derby News Network, 21 October 2011
- "Puget Sound Joins The Men's Derby Coalition", MRDA, 5 July 2010
- Dainty Inferno, "MRDA Championship: (2) New York Defeats (4) Puget Sound for 2nd Straight Men's Title, 143-133", Derby News Network, 27 October 2011
- Steve Shay, "Roller Derby 4/30 at Southgate Roller Rink, teen girls, adult men, separate bouts", West Seattle Herald, 20 April 2011