Pugu Secondary School
Pugu Secondary School former st. Francis is located in Pugu area on the outskirts of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The secondary school located at Pugu initiated the name of the former president of Tanganyika, "Mwl." (mwalimu) Julius Nyerere. The name Mwalimu came as the result of teaching at Pugu secondary school; in the early 1950s, he was the only indigenous teacher in the school.
- Benjamin Mkapa - President of Tanzania
- Mizengo Pinda - Prime Minister of Tanzania
- Pius Msekwa - Former speaker of the National Assembly of Tanzania.
- Sammy Mdee - First Managing Editor of The Tanzanian Standard Newspaper and Press Secretary to the First President of Tanzania Julius Nyerere.
- Ibrahim Lipumba - Tanzanian politician
Makori Lucas Makori-expected President of Tanzania.
|This Tanzania school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|