Type of site
|Video on demand|
|Owner||Doğuş Media Group|
|Alexa rank||64 in Turkey|
|Users||11 million monthly active users|
puhutv is a Turkish entertainment and video on demand launched in December, 2016 in Istanbul. It is owned by Doğuş Media Group and offers variety of Turkish TV series. Puhutv entered the content-production industry in 2017, debuting its first series, Fi.
All the content is free and ad-supported, there is no paid version. Registration is optional, also Facebook login is available.
List of original content
Doğuş Group previously launched a similar service called "Sipru" in 2007. "Sipru TV" has been shut down a few years later, however "Sipru RD" for radio service is still available as an iOS application.
After the web site launched, similar services followed. Doğan Media Group opened netd about one month after. Also, Apple iTunes Store opened for Turkey in December 4, 2012 only for music and films. TTNET also has a similar subscription-based service, Tivibu.
- "Türkiye'nin ilk masaüstü TV yayını başlıyor". Ntvmsnbc. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- "iTunes Store". iTunes. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- "Internetteki eğlence kanalınız "netd" artık yayında!". Hürriyet. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "İnternetteki eğlence kanalınız "netd" yayında!". CNN Türk. Archived from the original on 13 January 2013. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Apple Launches iTunes Store in Russia, Turkey, India, South Africa & 52 Additional Countries Today". Apple Inc. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
|This Asian television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|