Neighbourhood in Kolkata (Calcutta)
|District||South 24 Parganas|
|• Body||Pujali Municipality|
|• Total||8.32 km2 (3.21 sq mi)|
|Elevation||9 m (30 ft)|
|• Density||4,500/km2 (12,000/sq mi)|
|• Additional official||English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||+91 33|
|Vehicle registration||WB-01 to WB-10, WB-19 to WB-22, WB-95 to WB-99|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Diamond Harbour|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Budge Budge|
Pujali city is located at  It has an average elevation of 9 metres (30 ft)..
As per 2011 Census of India, Pujali city had a total population of 37,047, of which 18,940 (51%) were males and 18,107 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 4,316. The total number of literates was 25,791 (78.80% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001 Census of India, Pujali city had a total population of 33,863. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. It has an average literacy rate of 61%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 68%, and female literacy is 55%. 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
There is a Pujali Municipality. It is divided into 15 wards. As per 2015 municipal election, it is being controlled by the All India Trinamool Congress.
Pujali is well connected by railway. Budge Budge railway station connects the city with Sealdah railway station by Sealdah–Budge Budge line which connects the metropolis of Kolkata with the rest of India. There are buses connecting Pujali to other parts of Kolkata. Apart from that both app based and non app based cab agencies provide transport services to Pujali. For transport inside the city three wheeled autorickshaws and manual rickshaws are good options.
- "Fact and Figures". Wb.gov.in. Retrieved 5 July 2019.
- "52nd REPORT OF THE COMMISSIONER FOR LINGUISTIC MINORITIES IN INDIA" (PDF). Nclm.nic.in. Ministry of Minority Affairs. p. 85. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 May 2017. Retrieved 5 July 2019.
- "Base Map of Kolkata Metropolitan area". Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority. Archived from the original on 28 September 2007. Retrieved 3 September 2007.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Pujali
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.