This article is about the mountain in the Lucma District, Mariscal Luzuriaga Province, and in the Llumpa District, Pomabamba Province, Ancash Region, Peru. For other uses, see Pukarahu
Pukarahu (Quechua puka red, rahu snow, ice, mountain with snow, "red snow-covered mountain", hispanicized spelling Pucaraju, in some maps Pacaraju) is a mountain in the Cordillera Blanca in the Andes of Peru, about 5,025 metres (16,486 ft) high. It is situated in the Ancash Region, Mariscal Luzuriaga Province, Lucma District, in the Pomabamba Province, Llumpa District, and in the Yungay Province, Yanama District. Pukarahu lies southeast of Tawllirahu and west of the lakes named Wiqruqucha and Urqunqucha.
- ^ andix.com Map of a part of the Cordillera Blanca
- ^ ign.gob.pe IGN, Peru: Nevados: Pacaraju 08°55'49 S 77°32'39 W
- ^ Jill Neate, Mountaineering in the Andes, RGS-IBG Expedition Advisory Centre, 2nd edition, May 1994: "Pucaraju 5090m: 1-1955 via W. slopes, S. peak, traverse long summit ridge: N.W. ridge-1973."
- ^ Teofilo Laime Ajacopa, Diccionario Bilingüe Iskay simipi yuyayk'ancha, La Paz, 2007 (Quechua-Spanish dictionary)
- ^ babylon.com
- ^ lib.utexas.edu Map of the area showing "Nevado Pucaraju"
- ^ escale.minedu.gob.pe - UGEL map of the Yungas Province (Ancash Region) showing "Nevado Pacaraju"