|• Total||24 km2 (9 sq mi)|
|• Density||830/km2 (2,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||UP 77|
Pukhrayan is located at  It is on average elevation of 124 metres (406 feet)from sea level. It is 22 km from (District Headquarters) Mati. Holy river Yamuna is near about 15 km south of the city. There have been many famous freedom fighters from pukhrayan who contributed for freedom of India. Some of them are Ramswaroop Gupta, Rameshwar Sachan, Shaligram Sachan, Tulsiram Sachan , Rewti raman Sachan & so many Freedom Fighters..
Pukhrayan has a government hospital. Pukhrayan is also a place of pilgrimage. Temples include Mausoleum of Saint Sua Baba, Bade Mahadevan (lord Shiva), Mauhar devi Temple, and Siddheshwari Temple. It is situated 15 km from Kalpi [Death place of Rani Lakshmibai (a famous female freedom fighter)
Lucknow-Jhansi National High Way passes through Pukhrayan city. Pukhrayan (Pokhrayan) is main railway station of Kanpur Dehat districton Kanpur -Jhansi railway section (North Central Railway)
As of 2001 India census, Pukhrayan had a population of 65,503. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Pukhrayan has an average literacy rate of 80%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 80%, and female literacy is 70%. In Pukhrayan, 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Pukhrayan has many UP board(state board) institutions. Some are:
- National Inter College
- Sarswati Bal Mandir
- Holy Cross Mission Public School
- Saraswati Shiksha Mandir Pukhrayan
- Saint Vivekanand Public School
There is also colleges for higher studies:
- Government Girls Inter College (GGIC)
- Ram Swaroop Gramudyog Inter College
- Ram Swaroop Gramudyog Degree College
- Prema Katiyar Shikshan Sansthan
- Shivmati Shivnandan Shukla Mahavidyalaya
- Vivekanand Rashtriya Inter College
There is also training center for technical and IT education:
- World Of IT Learning Center
- "Pukhrayan in India". India9.com. 5 December 2005. Retrieved 8 July 2009.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.