Founded in 1942
|Current||Advanced Rookie League (1969–1977, 1982–1992, 1997–2006, 2008–present)|
|Minor league affiliations|
|League||Appalachian League (1946–1950, 1952–1955, 1957–1958, 1969–1977, 1982–1992, 1997–2006, 2008–present)|
|Virginia League (1942)|
|Major league affiliations|
|Current||New York Yankees (2015–present)|
Seattle Mariners (2008–2014)
|Minor league titles|
|League titles (3)||
|Division titles (9)||
Pulaski Mariners (2008–2014)
|Ballpark||Calfee Park (1982–1992), (1997–2006), (2008–present)|
|David Hagan and Larry Shelor|
|General Manager||Blair Hoke|
The Pulaski Yankees are a minor league baseball team based in Pulaski, Virginia, United States. They are an Advanced Rookie League team in the Appalachian League, and became a farm team of the New York Yankees in 2015. The team plays its home games at Calfee Park. They have previously been affiliated with several other major league baseball teams, and lost their Seattle Mariners affiliation after the 2014 season.
Pulaski baseball history
- Pulaski Counts, 1942, 1946-1950
- Pulaski Phillies, 1952-1955
- Pulaski Cubs, 1957-1958
- Pulaski Phillies, 1969-1977
- Pulaski Braves, 1982-1992
- Pulaski Rangers, 1997-2002
- Pulaski Blue Jays, 2003-2006
- Pulaski Mariners, 2008-2014
- Pulaski Yankees, 2015-present
Pulaski was the 2010 Appalachian League Eastern Division Champion.
The Pulaski Yankees play at Calfee Park. Calfee Park opened in 1935 and has a capacity of 2,500 fans. A number of houses that surround the park have good views of games.
The park had major renovations prior to the 1999 season, with a new grandstand behind the plate and along the first-base side as well as "open-air suites" (railed-in areas with picnic tables) farther down on the first-base line. A new scoreboard was also installed.
Notable former Pulaski players
- Don Cardwell (1954)
- Larry Christenson (1972)
- Jim Essian (1970)
- Dallas Green (1970, MGR) Manager: 1980 World Series Champion - Philadelphia Phillies
- Aaron Harang (1999)
- David Justice (1985) 3 x MLB All-Star; 1990 NL Rookie of the Year
- Mike Lamb (1997)
- Kameron Loe (2002)
- Javy López (1989) 3 x MLB All-Star
- Jerry Martin (1971)
- Kevin Mench (1999)
- Urban Meyer, Pulaski Braves
- Travis Snider, Pulaski Blue Jays
- Jason Schmidt (1992) 3 x MLB All-Star
- Mike Stanton (1987) MLB All-Star
- Eugenio Vélez, Pulaski Blue Jays
- C. J. Wilson (2001) 2 x MLB All-Star
- Mark Wohlers (1988) MLB All-Star
- 2017: Defeated Bluefield 2-1 in semifinals; lost to Elizabethton 2-0 in finals.
- 2015: Lost to Princeton 2-1 in semifinals.
- 2013: Defeated Bluefield 2-0 in semifinals; defeated Greeneville 2-0 to win championship.
- 2010: Lost to Elizabethton 2-0 in semifinals.
- 2008: Lost to Elizabethton 2-0 in finals.
- 1999: Lost to Martinsville 2-0 in finals.
- 1997: Lost to Bluefield 2-0 in finals.
- 1991: Defeated Burlington 2-0 to win championship.
- 1989: Lost to Elizabethton 2-0 in finals.
- 1986: Defeated Johnson City 2-1 to win championship.
- 1984: Lost to Elizabethton 1-0 in finals.
Pulaski Yankees roster
7-day disabled list
- Avallone, Michael. "Minor League Baseball returns to Pulaski." MiLB.com. 21 December 2007.
- Gangloff, Mike (September 9, 2014). "New York Yankees to Field Farm Club in Pulaski". Retrieved September 10, 2014.
- "Calfee Park sale OK'd as Mariners leave and $3 million upgrade begins". September 3, 2014.