Pulicat Lake Bird Sanctuary
Pulicat Lake Bird Sanctuary is a famous 481 km² located in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh and Protected area in Thiruvallur District of Tamil Nadu, India. Pulicat Lake is the second largest brackish-water eco-system in India after Chilka lake in Orissa. International name: Pulicat Lake Wildlife Sanctuary, IBA Code: IN261, Criteria: A1, A4iii.
Central location is: Andhra Pradesh Forest Department and 153.67 km² is managed by the Tamil Nadu Forest Department. 108 km² is National Park area. Rainfall ranges from 800 - 2000mm. Temperature varies from 14 °C to 33 °C. Altitude ranges from 100’ MSL to 1200’ MSL.. 327.33 km² is managed by the
The sanctuary is most noted for the many greater flamingos seen here. It also attracts many migratory birds and also is a feeding and nesting ground for aquatic and terrestrial birds such as pelicans, storks,etc. The biodiversity of this lake attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors per year.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pulicat Lake Bird Sanctuary.|
- Tamil Nadu Forest Department retrieved 9/9/2007 Pulicat Lake Bird Sanctuary Archived 4 January 2017 at the Wayback Machine
- BirdLife International Pulicat Lake Wildlife Sanctuary
- Andhra Pradesh Forest Department, PULICAT Wildlife Sanctuary Archived 25 January 2014 at the Wayback Machine
- Bird Forum, Pulicat Lake (Andhra Pradesh) (2008)
- Raj,P. J. Sanjeeva. MACRO FAUNA OF PULICAT LAKE Archived 27 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine, National Biodiversity Authority Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. (2006)
|This article related to a location in Tiruvallur district, Tamil Nadu, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a location in Nellore district, Andhra Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|