This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
(m. 2014; div. 2015)
|Partner(s)||Yami Gautam (2016-2018), |
Kriti Kharbanda (2019-present)
Pulkit Samrat was born and brought up in a Punjabi Hindu family in Punjab, where his family has its real estate business. He studied at Manav Sthali School, and completed his schooling from Montfort Senior Secondary School, Ashok Vihar, Delhi and joined an advertising course at Apeejay Institute of Design, Delhi. However, after studying for five months, he received a modelling assignment. Thereafter he quit his studies and shifted to Mumbai, where he joined an acting course run by Kishore Namit Kapoor. He married Shweta Rohira in 2014.
Pulkit shifted to Mumbai in 2005, and made his television debut in the role of Lakshya Virani in the long-running television show, by Balaji Telefilms, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi in 2006, which got his first recognition, though he quit the show in 2007.
Film career (2012–present)
In 2012, Samrat made his debut with a romantic comedy film Bitto Boss, wherein he played the role of a wedding videographer from Punjab, alongside Amita Pathak. In 2013, he played the lead role of Hunny in the ensemble comedy film Fukrey, produced by Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani. In 2014, he appeared in a cameo role in Jai Ho as a police inspector. Then he played the lead in O Teri, produced by Atul Agnihotri, opposite Bilal Amrohi and Sarah Jane Dias. In 2015, his first film was Arbaaz Khan's Dolly Ki Doli opposite Sonam Kapoor and Rajkumar Rao. In 2016, Samrat starred in Divya Khosla Kumar's Sanam Re opposite Yami Gautam. In the same year, he again paired with Yami Gautam for Junooniyat. In 2017, he came back with the second installment of Fukrey titled Fukrey Returns. The film was a box office success.
In 2018, Samrat played the lead role of Veer in romantic comedy film Veerey Ki Wedding opposite Kriti Kharbanda. Later that year, he played the role of Vilas Naik in the independent drama film 3 Storeys. In 2019, he appeared in Anees Bazmee directorial Pagalpanti alongside John Abraham, Arshad Warsi, Kriti Kharbanda, Ileana D'Cruz, Urvashi Rautela, Anil Kapoor & Saurabh Shukla. In 2020, he starred as Sunny Lalwani in the thriller drama film Taish directed by Bejoy Nambiar, which was released on ZEE5 on October 29, 2020.
He married his long-time girlfriend Shweta Rohira on 3 November 2014. Rohira is a "rakhi-sister" to actor Salman Khan. Khan was even involved in the promotion of Pulkit Samrat's debut film. The couple separated in November 2015.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2012||Bittoo Boss||Bittoo Boss|
|2013||Fukrey||Hunny (Vikas Gulati)|
|2014||Jai Ho||Abhay Rajput|
|O Teri||Prantabh Pratab (P.P)|
|2015||Dolly Ki Doli||Robin Singh|
|Bangistan||Praveen Chaturvedi / Allahrakha Khan|
|Junooniyat||Captain Jahan Bakshi|
|2018||Veerey Ki Wedding||Veer|
|3 Storeys||Vilas Naik|
|2021||Haathi Mere Saathi||Shankar|
|2006-2008||Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi||Lakshya Virani||Star Plus||Soap Opera|
|2008||Kaho Na Yaar Hai||Himself/Contestant with Mouni Roy||Star Plus||Reality Show|
- "Salman bhai is my brother-in-law: Pulkit Samrat". The Times Of India. 3 June 2013. Archived from the original on 8 June 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Look who's on the big screen!". The Hindu. 10 April 2012. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Pulkit Samrat, Prachi Desa: TV actors finally crossover into Bollywood". CNN-IBN. 17 June 2013. Archived from the original on 21 June 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "I had got bored of my character in TV: Pulkit Samrat". The Times Of India. 9 April 2012. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "What the heck, Pulkit?". The Times Of India. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- Udasi, Harshikaa (10 April 2012). "Look who's on the big screen!". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Archived from the original on 2 February 2020. Retrieved 2 February 2020.
- "Bittoo Boss: Movie Review - Times of India". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 11 October 2020. Retrieved 2 February 2020.
- Priya Gupta (8 March 2014). "Pulkit Samrat with Sonam Kapoor in Dolly Ki Doli". Archived from the original on 13 November 2014. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- "Pulkit Samrat and Yami Gautam in Junooniyat". Bollywood Hungama News Network. 23 June 2014. Archived from the original on 13 November 2014. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- "Pulkit Samrat decodes movie plus series format of 'Taish'". The Week. Retrieved 31 October 2020.
- Sarkar, Prarthna (4 November 2014). "Entertainment Celebrity 'Fukrey' Actor Pulkit Samrat Weds Salman Khan's Sister Shweta Rohira". Archived from the original on 6 December 2014. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- Subhash K Jha (19 April 2012). "Why Salman is promoting Bitto Boss' Pulkit Samrat". Rediff.com Movies. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Pulkit Samrat feeling blessed to get Salman's support". Indian Express. 9 April 2012. Archived from the original on 11 October 2020. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Pulkit Samrat separates from wife Shweta Rohira". Archived from the original on 25 January 2016. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "Kriti Kharbanda admits she's dating Pulkit Samrat, says she wanted her parents to know first". Hindustan Times. 18 November 2019. Archived from the original on 19 November 2019. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Anees Bazmee on Twitter". Archived from the original on 26 April 2019. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "ANNOUNCEMENT... #Taish - starring #PulkitSamrat, #HarshvardhanRane, #JimSarbh, #KritiKharbanda and #SanjeedaShaikh - premieres 29 Oct 2020 on #Zee5... Will release as feature film as well as 6-episode series simultaneously... Directed by Bejoy Nambiar... FIRST GLIMPSE." Taran Adarsh. Archived from the original on 11 October 2020. Retrieved 28 September 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pulkit Samrat.|