|Industry||On-demand tech services|
Number of employees
The company provides in-home services like demonstrations, installation, setup, integration, support, and repairs of all household appliances. The user books an appointment, and a technician visits the user’s location within an hour to try and fix it.
Started in 2015, the company was initially named CellSavers. The company was focused on repairing mobile phones and tablets. In 2017, the company was renamed Puls and started to offer broader solutions. Puls launched a new service, installation of HDTV antennas in 2018.
In August 2018, following a $50m C round investment, Puls announced expansion to additional home services or supporting "Everything with an 'ON' Switch". In September 2018, Puls was selected by Linkedin as one of the top 25 US startups, at the 11th place. In 2019, TV-maker TCL announced it had partnered with Puls to provide a 5,000-person installation support team.
|2017||Smart home installation and set up|
|2017||TV installation and calibration|
|2018||Security cameras and security systems installation|
|2018||Garage door repair|
In January 2018 Antop announced a partnership with Puls for HDTV antenna installation service.
San Francisco-based Puls has raised a total of $93 million to date. Announced in August 2018, the company raised $50m from Temasek Holdings as the lead investor. In August 2017, the startup raised about $25 million series B round led by Red Dot Capital Partners along with Samsung Next, Maverick Ventures and Kreos Capital, as well as existing investors Sequoia Capital and Carmel Ventures, who previously invested $15 million Series A round in August 2016. Prior to that, it had raised $3 million in a seed round from Sequoia Capital in December 2015.
- "Puls Announces New HDTV Antenna Installation Service for Cord-Cutters". Flixed.io: News, Tips, and Tutorials for the Cord-Cutting Revolution. 2018-01-22. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- Lynley, Matthew. "CellSavers, An On-Demand Smartphone Repair Startup, Raises $3M". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- Grove, Jennifer Van (August 15, 2017). "Smartphone repair firm expands to fixing most digital devices". San Diego Union Tribune. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Tech Talk: Building for better and quicker digital". The Jerusalem Post | JPost.com. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Puls is Alive with Both Convenience and Affordability". TechDigg. 2017-10-02. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- Levy, Ruti; Zerachovitz, Omri (2017-11-03). "The Five Global Giants That Decide the Fate of Israels Startups". Haaretz. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- Shieber, Jonathan. "After rebranding to Puls and raising new cash, CellSavers wants to help set up your smart gadgets". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Israeli tech powers same-day, at-home electronics repairs". Israel21c. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Smartphone repair service CellSavers re-brands as Puls, raises $25 million to expand into the smart home | VentureBeat". venturebeat.com. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Technology On-demand tech repair company raises $25 million to fix more devices on the fly". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Puls raises $50 million for in-home technical support | TechCrunch". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
- "The 25 most attractive start-ups to work for, according to LinkedIn". Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved 2018-09-06.
- "TCL Partners with Puls for TV Install & Setup Services". Dealerscope. Retrieved 2019-02-09.
- Lynley, Matthew (December 21, 2015). "CellSavers, An On-Demand Smartphone Repair Startup, Raises $3M". Techcrunch.
- Shieber, Jonathan (August 15, 2017). "After rebranding to Puls and raising new cash, CellSavers wants to help set up your smart gadgets". Techcrunch.
- Shen, Samantha (June 4, 2018). "'We Would Like to Enable the Smart Home Industry to Grow with Our Service:' Puls". LinkedIn. Smahome.
- Chang, Lulu (February 11, 2018). "'Puls is an on-demand repair service for your smartphone and smart home". DigitalTtrends.
- Cision, PRWeb (September 20, 2018). "Puls Expands Same-Day Technician Services to Include Garage Doors Repairs". PRWEB.
- Kolodny, Lora (2017-08-15). "Google and Samsung are using this start-up to duplicate Apple's Genius Bar — in your house". CNBC. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Google Partners with Mobile Repairs Startup to Handle Pixel Service". CTECH. 2017-10-24. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Puls Announces New HDTV Antenna Installation Service for Cord-Cutters". Flixed.io. 2018-01-31. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
- "Puls raises $50 million Series C funding from Temasek, others". biztechhost.com. 2018-08-28. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
- "Puls Technologies raises $50 million in private funding led by Temasek". Reuters. 2018-08-28. Retrieved 2018-08-28.