Pulse 3: Invasion
|Directed by||Joel Soisson|
|Produced by||Michael Leahy|
|Written by||Joel Soisson|
|Music by||Elia Cmiral|
|Edited by||Kirk Morri|
|Distributed by||Dimension Extreme|
Pulse 3 is an American stright to DVD horror film directed by Joel Soisson. Rider Strong and Brittany Finamore star as two people who begin chatting online in a post-apocalyptic society where technology is forbidden. It is the third and final installment of the Pulse series and was released December 23, 2008.
Seven years into the invasion after Adam's (Rider Strong) Egyptian girlfriend Salwa (Noureen DeWulf) got hit by an infection and causing her to commit suicide, humankind has fled the cities where billions have died from a plague spread through the internet. Justine (Brittany Finamore) dreams of a life beyond her squalid refugee camp where all technology is taboo. She discovers the last working laptop and opens it like Pandora's box. Someone is waiting for her online. And that someone wants desperately to meet her who is revealed to be Adam through an Internet chat. The only catch: she must return to the city. With a longing that surpasses fear, Justine embarks on a terrifying journey back to the heart of where it all began. What waits there is something she could not possibly have imagined. Towards the end of the movie, Justine reunites with Adam but he was the only person who hadn't got the plague resulting in him avoiding to care about "anything but himself". Justine smashes the working laptop and unplugs the USB flash drive from the slot before encountering some internet ghosts trying to get her. The unexpected explosions appear making the ghosts disappear and go through Adam's body. He is then killed by the souls of the ghosts and the invasion ends with a voiceover from Justine.
- Brittany Finamore as Justine
- Karley Scott Collins as Young Justine
- Rider Strong as Adam
- Georgina Rylance as Michelle
- Todd Giebenhain as Man with a plan
- Thomas Merdis as Caleb Wilkie
- William Prael as Cliff
- Laura Cayouette as Amy
- Diane Ayala Goldner as Sarah Wilkie
- Noureen DeWulf as Salwa Al Hakim
Pulse 3 was released on DVD in the United States on December 23, 2008.
Bill Gibron of PopMatters rated it 3/10 stars and wrote that the series has now become a "holding dock for dull horror clichés". In comparing it to the original Japanese film, Gibron called it "too little, too late" for becoming a small, personal character study instead of exploring deeper themes. At DVD Talk, Justin Felix rated it 1.5/5 stars and wrote that the focus on teenage angst makes it only interesting to die-hard fans.
- Turek, Ryan (2008-08-01). "EXCL: Pulse 2, Bamber's Green Screen Nightmare". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- Moore, Debi (2008-12-04). "Pulse 3 DVD Artwork & Stills". Dread Central. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- Gibron, Bill (2008-12-21). "Pulse 3 (2008)". PopMatters. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- Felix, Justin (2008-12-31). "Pulse 3". DVD Talk. Retrieved 2016-10-02.