Map of Negros Occidental with Pulupandan highlighted
|Region||Negros Island Region (NIR)|
|Congregational district||4th district of Negros Occidental|
|• Mayor||Miguel C. Peña|
|• Total||23.00 km2 (8.88 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Pulupandan, officially the Municipality of Pulupandan (Hiligaynon: Banwa sang Pulupandan; Filipino: Bayan ng Pulupandan) is a 3rd class municipality in the province of Negros Occidental, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 25,350 people.
The current mayor of Pulupandan is Hon. Miguel C. Peña, son of its former mayor Magdaleno "Magsie" Peña who is now the incumbent mayor of Moises Padilla. With an area of 23 square kilometers, it is the smallest town in terms of area in Negros Occidental. The first people who lived in this place were the Negritos and the name Pulupandan came from a Hiligaynon phrase "Pulo sang Pandan" which means "island of pandan".
- Barangay Zone 1-A (Pob. / Paco beach)
- Barangay Zone 4-A (Pob.)
- Barangay Zone 1 (Pob. / Green beach)
- Barangay Zone 2 (Pob.)
- Barangay Zone 3 (Pob.)
- Barangay Zone 4 (Pob.)
- Barangay Zone 5 (Pob.)
- Barangay Zone 6 (Pob.)
- Barangay Zone 7 (Pob.)
- Crossing Pulupandan
- Palaka Norte
- Palaka Sur
|Population census of Pulupandan|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "Province: Negros Occidental". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "Negros Island Region (NIR)". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Province of Negros Occidental". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
- Pulupandan: A New Birdwatching Sanctuary
||Guimaras Strait||Bago City|
|San Lorenzo, Guimaras
Sibunag, Guimaras / Guimaras Strait
|This article about a location in Negros Island Region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|