Pulwama District shown within Jammu & Kashmir state
|State||Jammu and Kashmir|
|• Total||1,398 km2 (540 sq mi)|
|• Density||410/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
This district consists of five development blocks: Tral, Keller, Pampore, Pulwama and Kakapora. Each block consists of a number of panchayats. However new tehsils were made in pulwama district in 2014.
Pulwama District has four assembly constituencies: Tral, Pampore, Pulwama and Rajpora.
According to the 2011 census Pulwama district has a population of 570,060, roughly equal to the nation of Solomon Islands or the US state of Wyoming. This gives it a ranking of 535th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 598 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,550/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 29.18%. Pulwama has a sex ratio of 913 females for every 1000 males, lower than the national average of 940, and a literacy rate of 65%., slightly higher than the national average of 64.3%.
- Islamic Model High School Ratnipora Pulwama
- Govt Central High School Pulwama
- Good Shephered Mission School Pulwama
- Morning Star Public High School Karimabad Pulwama
- Govt Boys M.M. Higher Secondary Institute Pulwama
- Govt Girls Higher Secondary Institute Pulwama
- Govt Women College Pulwama
- Govt High School Karimabad
- Govt Girls Middle School Karimabad
- M.M.E.T High School Pulwama
- MEI Pampore
- Zikra Educational Institute Pulwama
- Modern Public School Achan
- Govt Degree College Pulwama
- National Institute of Education and Training (NIET)
- Lyceum International School
- Dolphin International School
- Holy Mission Secondary School *kids kingdom public school Rahmoo
- kingson English medium school
- Islamic model institute pathan pulwama
- Holy blossom public high school pulwama
- Statement showing the number of blocks in respect of 22 Districts of Jammu and Kashmir State including newly Created Districts dated 2008-03-13, accessed 2008-08-30
- "ERO's and AERO's". Chief Electoral Officer, Jammu and Kashmir. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Solomon Islands 571,890 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
|Badgam district||Anantnag district|
|Shopian district||Kulgam district|
|This article related to a location in Jammu and Kashmir is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|