Pumpkin pie spice
Pumpkin pie spice is an American spice mix commonly used as an ingredient in pumpkin pie since at least the 1890s. Pumpkin pie spice(sometimes also referred to as Pumpkin spice) is similar to the British and Commonwealth mixed spice. It is generally a blend of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and sometimes allspice. It can also be used as a seasoning in general cooking.
A recipe for this combination includes:
- 18 parts ground cinnamon
- 4 parts ground nutmeg
- 4 parts ground ginger
- 3 parts ground cloves
- 3 parts ground allspice
- Farmer, Fannie Meritt. 1896. The Original Boston Cooking-School Cookbook, Facsimile Edition of 1986, Weathervane Books, NY,NY
- Smiley's cookbook and universal household guide. Smiley Publishing Co. Chicago
- Coppin, C.A. 1910. Mamma's Hints to Housekeepers. Advanced Stove Works, Keller-Crescent, Evansville,IN.
- DIY Pumpkin Spice: Your Must-Make Fall Ingredient - Betty Crocker (General Mills)
- McCormick & Company, Incorporated, 211 Schilling Circle, Hunt Valley, MD 21031
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Trader Joe's
- Frontier Pumpkin Pie Spice Seasoning Blend 1.92 oz. Frontier CO-OP
|This spice mix-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|