|Date||2004 Indian Ocean earthquake|
|Attribution||Dalit Bahujan Shramik Union & Peoples Action for Rural Awakening|
|Location||Andhra Pradesh, South India|
|Sources||Related articles on the web|
|Manuscripts||Documents by Mr.N.Paul Diwakar, Fr.T.D.John and Annie Namala|
|Audience||Tsunami-affected Dalits and Tribals|
|Theme||Discrimination in relief|
Punarnirmaan is one of the response programmes of Dalit Bahujan Shramik Union and Peoples Action for Rural Awakening to the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake-affected people of the districts of Nellore, Prakasam, Krishna, and East Godavari in the state of Andhra Pradesh, South India.
Activities through this programme consist mainly of livelihood restoration and construction of shelters
Fr.Thomas Pallithanam, the past Organising Secretary of Dalit Bahujan Shramik Union and Director of Peoples Action for Rural Awakening, the implementors of this programme. nota bene - The word Imprimatur needs to be construed in a broader term - that of indication of approval by whatever authority.
- Christian Aid, London, Great Britain - Christian Aid is an agency of the churches in the UK and Ireland. It works wherever the need is greatest – irrespective of religion or race. The essential purpose of Christian Aid is to expose the scandal of poverty, to help in practical ways to root it out from the world, and to challenge and change the systems which favour the rich and powerful over the poor and marginalised.
- Diakonie Emergency Aid, Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany - Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe provides humanitarian aid worldwide. It supports people who have fallen victim of natural disasters, war and displacement and who are not able to cope on their own in the emergency situation they find themselves in. It is an effort to help people in great need – worldwide, regardless of their colour, religion and nationality.
- Stichting Liliane Fonds, 's-Hertogenbosch, North Brabant, The Netherlands - Integration and self-acceptance - those are the main goals of SLF. It is a development organisation which supports children and young people with disabilities in Africa, Asia and Latin America. It operates through 1700 local people in 80 countries, called mediators, who all represent NGOs or religious organisations.
- Town Council of Dornbirn, Vorarlberg, Austria - Dornbirn is the largest town in Vorarlberg yet with only 44700 inhabitants is still relatively small. The Emperor Franz Josef first granted Dornbirn the status of a city in 1901.
The grassroot implementing team is directed by Fr.Thomas Pallithanam through Mr.P.J.Job, the Programme Coordinator. Each district has an Area Coordinator who oversees the programmes through an Office Manager and Programme Managers.
- Navnirmaan, Tsunami response in East Godavari district
- Peoples Action for Rural Awakening, Ravulapalem
- Dalit Bahujan Shramik Union, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- APDAPC, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Christian Aid. "Christian Aid - fighting for a world free of poverty and injustice". christianaid.org.uk.
- Annie Namala, (2005). [, , ,  "How Right is it to review discrimination in crisis and even death?"] Check
- Paul Diwakar, (2005). "Overall Situation by PAUL".
- Vincent Manoharan, (2005). "Overall Situation by Vincent".
- Suma Guha Mozumder at the United Nations, (February 15, 2006). "Tsunami relief: UN report slams India".
- Staff Reporter of The Hindu, (March 17, 2005). "Discrimination in tsunami relief work alleged". The Hindu.
- Damyanty Sridharan (December 23, 2005). "Women face double discrimination during disasters". Archived from the original on 2015-02-01.
- Karuna Trust ,. "Caste discrimination affects tsunami-rehabilitation work". (subscription required (. ))
- Fatima Burnad, Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development . "The Tsunami exacerbates Dalit women's sufferings from caste discrimination".
- Anti-Caste (January 15, 2005). "ON CASTE DISCRIMINATION AGAINST SURVIVORS OF THE SOUTH ASIAN TSUNAMI".
- Rajiv PI in the Indian Express (January 8, 2005). "Even Govt divides survivors on caste, says it's practical". The Indian Express.
- Rama Lakshmi in the Washington Post (January 18, 2005). "Tsunami Opens Fault Lines in Old Caste System". The Washington Post.
- Action Aid International. "Tsunami Response - A Human Rights Assessment" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-02-04.
- Robin Hindery of the Associated Press in The Seattle Times (February 3, 2006). "Tsunami survivors' rights violated?". The Seattle Times.
- Make Poverty History Campaign. "Hope amidst the Destruction: Time to unite against poverty - Statement by The Global Call to Action against Poverty on the policy implications of the Tsunami".
- Niruj Mohan, Arvind Narrain , Nitin.R, Deepu and Clifton Rozario in the Lines magazine (February 2005). "Exclusion of Dalits and Adivasis in the time of Tsunami: The case for an inclusive relief and Rehabilitation Policy". Archived from the original on 2005-04-05.
- Christian Aid (2005). "India programme summary".
- Christian Aid (2005). "Six months after the wave - Christian Aid's response to the tsunami" (PDF).
- Further reading
- Annie Jayaraj , Programme Manager, ATMA Consultancy Services, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh (May 2002). "Post Disaster Reconstruction Experiences in Andhra Pradesh, in India - A paper presented at the Université de Montréal, Quebec, Canada" (PDF).