This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Puncak Alam is a township in the Ijok commune of Kuala Selangor constituency in north-western Selangor, Malaysia. It is located about 30 kilometers northwest of Kuala Lumpur and 20 km NNW from Shah Alam, the state capital of Selangor.
Previously developed from a palm estate holding of FELDA (Federal Land Development Authority) within the locale of Bukit Cherakah, this township started its initial development during the late 1990s under the management of Bukit Cherakah Development Sdn. Bhd., a private company based in Shah Alam. Puncak Alam Housing Sdn. Bhd. later took over in 2001 as the principal developer of this township.
First launched with an estimated total area of 14,000 acres (57 km2) for the whole township, subsequent development sees the actual land parcel being apportioned and jointly developed with third party developers, resulting in the emergence of sub-townships within the vicinity under new names and concepts (such as Alam Perdana, Alam Jaya, Sinar Alam, Ambang Suria, Alam Suria), whilst the initially earmarked land area for Puncak Alam being significantly reduced in size.
A development plan dated 9 September 2008 released by Majlis Daerah Kuala Selangor (MDKS), the local authority responsible for the administration of the Kuala Selangor District, among others disclosed that future expansion for this township would include the completion of a Universiti Teknologi MARA by the year 2014, on an area demarcated of 1,085.75 acres (4.3939 km2), comprising 15 faculties capable of supporting 41,000 students and staffs. The same report projected that 65,798 additional units of houses/residences would be completed by the year 2015, capable of accommodating 350,000 population as compared to the current reported number of population of 25,000.
The latest Local Planning Masterplan for the year 2015 released by MDKS envision the addition of a water theme park and also a Light Rail Transit facility (linking Bestari Jaya, Puncak Alam and Shah Alam).
- Walking distance to Econsave and Alam Jaya Commercial Center shoplot
- 7.7 km to UiTM Puncak Alam
- 4 km to Masjid Puncak Alam
- 2.8 km to School Puncak Alam, Petrol Station
- 2.5 km to McDonald's, Tesco Puncak Alam
- 17 km to Setia Alam
Puncak Alam is served by the Kepong-Kuala Selangor highway .
Puncak Alam is devoid of any rail transit services. The closest rail station is in Kuang, 12 kilometres away.
- rapidKL bus T715 (formerly T600) connects Puncak Alam to the UiTM campus in the township.
- The UiTM campus also serves as a major bus interchange, with rapidKL bus route 753 (formerly U90) going to Setia Alam and Klang before terminating at the Shah Alam bus terminal in Section 14, downtown Shah Alam.
- Since 2018, there is a new Smart Selangor bus route KS02 connecting Puncak Alam to Sungai Buloh MRT/KTM station. This route is a free service subsidized by the Selangor state government.
- Puncak Alam: A township that's nestled in nature Puncak Alam article in The Star newspaper
- www.BandarPuncakAlam.com Bandar Puncak Alam Information & Interaction Portal
- www.Kejiranan2B6.net Official portal for Phase 2B6 community, Shah Alam 2, Bandar Puncak Alam
- FORUM.BandarPuncakAlam.com Forum for Bandar Puncak Alam community
- Google map of Puncak Alam
- MDKS Development Plan for Bandar Puncak Alam
- Rancangan Tempatan MDKS Tahun 2015
- Majlis Daerah Kuala Selangor Majlis Daerah Kuala Selangor