|Native name||ಪುನೀತ್ ರಾಜಕುಮಾರ್|
17 March 1975
Madras, Tamil Nadu, India
|Residence||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Other names||Appu,Power star.|
|Occupation||Actor, playback singer, television presenter|
|Spouse(s)||Ashwini Revanath (m. 1999)|
Parvathamma Rajkumar (mother)
|Relatives||Vinay Rajkumar (nephew)|
Raghavendra Rajkumar (brother)
Puneeth Rajkumar (Kannada: ಪುನೀತ್ ರಾಜ್ಕುಮಾರ್; born 17 March 1975), is an Indian film actor, playback singer and television presenter who mostly works in Kannada cinema. He has appeared 23 films as a lead actor, prior to which he had a career as a child artiste appearing in films to which his father Rajkumar appeared in lead roles. As a child artist, his performances in Vasantha Geetha (1980), Bhagyavantha (1981), Chalisuva Modagalu (1982), Eradu Nakshatragalu (1983) and Bettada Hoovu (1985) received appreciation. He won the National Film Award for Best Child Artist for his role of Ramu in Bettada Hoovu. His first film in a lead role came in the 2002 in Appu. He went on to appear in other commercial successful films over the years, such as Abhi (2003), Aakash (2005), Arasu (2007), Milana (2007), Jackie (2010), Hudugaru (2011), Paramathma (2011), "Power" (2014), "Mythri" (2015) and "Rana Vikrama" (2015), establishing him as one of the leading contemporary actors in Kannada cinema.
He is the youngest son of Rajkumar, Kannada cinema's most celebrated actor, and the brother of actors Shivarajkumar and Raghavendra Rajkumar. In 2012, he debuted as a television presenter with the game show Kannadada Kotyadhipati, a Kannada version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?.
Puneeth Rajkumar was born as Lohith at Kalyani Hospital, Madras, Tamil Nadu, to Rajkumar and Parvathamma Rajkumar as their fifth and youngest child. He grew up there till the age of six, before the family shifted base to Bangalore. A superstar at the time, his father took him to his shooting sets along with his sister Poornima till he was ten years old. His elder brothers Shiva Rajkumar and Raghavendra Rajkumar were popular actors in the 1990s, with the former still acting in films.
Puneeth started his film career when he was six months old in his father's film Premada Kanike and Sanaadi Appanna when he was one year old. He appeared as a son for his real father in many movies such as Yarivanu, Vasantha Geetha, Chalisuva Modagalu. He left school at a very early age and began to act in movies. He studied with a private teacher at his home and later received a Diploma in Computer Science. He then started a career in a mining business before entering the film industry in leading roles. He was trained in dancing and fighting for three years before his first film as a hero. Puneeth has had training in Kalarippayattu, one of the oldest Indian martial arts.
Lead roles (2002–present)
Appu is the first film which he acted as Hero, which Became Block Buster, Then "Abhi", Followed By "Veera Kannadiga", "Maurya" ,"Namma Basava" , "Aakash", Arasu and "Bindass" all crossed 100 days and made him Top Hero in Kannada Film Industry.In 2007, He starred in Milana which has run for a year in PVR Multiplex Bangalore. He received the Karnataka State Best Actor Award for his role in the film. In 2010, he starred in the movie Jackie paired with Bhavana Menon. This movie got wide critical acclaim  and was adjudged the Best Film of 2010 at the South Filmfare Awards. The Telugu version was released on 6 May 2011. He acted in two movies in the year 2011, including Hudugaru. Puneeth earned his second Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Kannada and also SIIMA awards for Best Actor for this movie. The other was Paramathma under the direction of director Yograj Bhat, followed by Anna Bond in 2012 directed by Soori, the director who had directed him in Jackie. His movie Yaare Koogadali released in December 2012 got rave reviews from critics and was followed by Ninnindale (2014). Power which has hit the theaters recently is going strong at the box office. Puneet Starrer Makes Record Collection of ₹22 Crore in 6 Days 
It is usual for music directors of his movies to record a song in his voice. From his first movie Appu, he was mostly singing solo. With the song Jothe Jotheyali from the movie Vamshi he sang duets too. In 2010 he sang another fast-number in his movie Jackie after which he rendered voice to his brother Shivrajkumar's film titled "Lava Kusha" and Mylari. Puneeth has also given voice for Ganesh movie Shyloo and also for Yogesh's Sidlingu. He is also given voice in films like Ale,Tirupathi Express,Sharan's Adyaksha and Tony.
In 2013 Puneeth hosted the quiz show Kannadada Kotyadhipati which is modeled on the Hindi show Kaun Banega Crorepati hosted by Amitabh Bachchan, which was in turn modeled on British show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? hosted by Chris Tarrant. The show had a High TRP ratings all over the season.. After the phenomenal success of season-1 second season followed in 2013.
Puneeth has also involved himself in philanthropic works with his mother Parvathamma Rajkumar and carries this out in an Ashram called Shakti Dhama in Mysore.
Puneeth's popularity has made him the brand ambassador for Karnataka Milk Federation's Nandini Milk products(No Remuneration Taken Because It Will Help Farmers),LED Bulb project(No Remuneration Due To It Will Help Both Government And People Of Karnataka To Consume Less Current),7 Up (PepsiCo), F-Square, Dixcy Scott, Malabar Gold, Manappuram  among others. He was also a brand ambassador of the Indian Premier League cricket team, Royal Challengers Bangalore.
|1975||Premada Kanike||credited as Master Rajkumar|
|1977||Sanaadi Appanna||Young Ashok|
|1980||Vasantha Geetha||Shyaam||credited as Master Lohith|
|1981||Bhagyavantha||Krishna||credited as Master Lohith|
|1981||Thayige Thakka Maga||credited as Master Lohith|
|1981||Bhoomige Banda Bhagavantha||Lord Krishna||credited as Master Lohith|
|1982||Hosa Belaku||Puttu||credited as Master Lohith|
|1988||Shiva Mecchida Kannappa||Young Kannappa|
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2009||Raaj - The Showman||Mutturaj|
|2012||Anna Bond||Bond Ravi|
|2014||Power||Bharath Kumar IPS||remake of Telugu film Dookudu|
|2015||Mythri||Himself||Bilingual film (Kannada, Malayalam), Guest appearance-Mohan Lal.|
|1993||Navibbaru Namagibbaru||Raghavendra Rajkumar|
As playback singer
|1981||Bhagyavantha||"Baana Dariyalli"||T. G. Lingappa|
|1983||Bhakta Prahlada||"Govinda", "Ela Elavo"||T. G. Lingappa|
|1983||Eradu Nakshatragalu||"Nanna Udupu", "Howdu Endare", "Amma Kannu"||G. K. Venkatesh|
|1985||Bettada Hoovu||"Bisile Irali", "Thayi Sarade"||Rajan-Nagendra|
|2002||Appu||"Talibaan Alla Alla"||Gurukiran|
|2003||Abhi||"Mama Mama Maja Madu"||Gurukiran|
|2004||Veera Kannadiga||"Naire Naire"||Chakri|
|2005||Aakash||"Hodi Hodi"||R. P. Patnaik|
|2005||Namma Basava||"Rukku Rukku Rukkamma"|
|2007||Arasu||"Baaro Baaro"||Joshua Sridhar|
|2007||Lava Kusha||"Hotappa Hot Sakkath"||Gurukiran|
|2008||Vamshi||"Jothe Jotheyali"||RP Patnaik|
|2009||Raam||"Hosa Gaana Bajaana"||V. Harikrishna|
|2010||Jackie||"Edavatt Aytu"||V. Harikrishna|
|2011||Shyloo||"Pada Pada Kannada"||Jassie Gift|
|2012||Anna Bond||"Kaanadanthe" Remix|
|2013||Tony||"Pakka Paapi Naanu"|
|2014||Savaari 2||"Motu Beedi"|
|2014||Adyaksha||"Adhyaksha Adhyaksha"||Arjun Janya|
|2014||Aryan||"Kannada Mannina"||Jassie Gift|
|2014||Power||"Guruvara Sanje"||S. Thaman|
|2014||Tirupathi Express||"Naanu Righta"|
|2015||Krishna-Leela||"Pesal Man"||Sridhar V. Sambhram|
|2015||Rudra Tandava||"Ondooralli"||V. Harikrishna|
|2015||Rana Vikrama||"Neene Neene"|
|2015||Uppi 2||"Uppittu Uppittu"||Gurukiran|
|2015||Krishna-Rukku||"Darling Darling"||Sridhar V|
|2015||Ram Leela||"Teri Beautiful"||Anup Rubens|
|2015||Killing Veerappan||"Spot Spot"||Sai Karthik|
|1||2012||Kannadada Kotyadhipati||Host||Suvarna||Aired 12 March 2012|
|2||2013||Kannadada Kotyadhipati Season 2||Host||Suvarna||Aired 11 March 2013|
|3||2014||Weekend with Ramesh||Guest||Zee Kannada||Aired 2 August 2014|
Awards and nominations
- 1982–83: Best Child Actor (Male) — Chalisuva Modagalu
- 1983–84: Best Child Actor (Male) — Eradu Nakshatragalu
- 2007–08: Best Actor — Milana
- 2010–11: Best Actor — Jackie
- 2011: Best Actor — Hudugaru
- 2012: nominated, Best Actor — Anna Bond
- 2013: Youth Icon of South Indian Cinema (Male)
- South Scope Film Awards
- Other awards
- 2010: Suvarna Film Award for Best Actor — Jackie
- 2012: Suvarna Film Award for Most Favorite Actor — Anna Bond
- 2010: Udaya Film Award for Best Actor — Jackie
- "Puneet Rajkumar Biography, Puneet Rajkumar Profile - Filmibeat". Entertainment.oneindia.in. 1975-03-17. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- Shivkamal, Aravind G (29 June 2010). "Puneeth Rajkumar: The impeccable aura of the Powerstar continues to dazzle". Southscope.in. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- "‘I can never be my father’". The Times of India. 15 November 2010. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- "Naa Bidalare Ninnanu - Premada Kanike - Rajkumar Hits". YouTube. 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Naane Thaayi Naane Thande - Sanadi Appanna (1977) - Kannada". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "The glitter, the gloss, the razzmatazz". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2011-07-03. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "cinemagupshup.com". Cinemagupshup.com. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- Letty Mariam Abraham (2012-07-10). "Puneeth Rajkumar received the Best Actor (Male) Kannada Award for the film Hudugaru". Bollywoodlife.com. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "News Archives". The Hindu. 2016-01-14. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Puneet to work with Soori". Sify.com. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Upcoming Movie Releases | Puneet Rajkumar | Puneet Rajkumar Upcoming Flims - Filmibeat". Entertainment.oneindia.in. 1975-03-17. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "'Power***' Box Office: Puneet Starrer Makes Record Collection of ₹22 Crore in 6 Days". IBTimes. September 3, 2014.
- "Desi Shock Media Videos". Media.desishock.com. 2010-02-06. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Myalri creates a big buzz". Sify.com. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- Tantri, Balaraj (2012-01-04). "ಕೋಟ್ಯಾಧಿಪತಿಗೆ ನೂಕುನುಗ್ಗಲು, 4ಲಕ್ಷ ಎಸ್ಎಂಎಸ್- 04 over lac sms for kannadada kotyadipathi - Oneindia Kannada". Kannada.oneindia.in. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Kannadada Kotyadhipathi Season 2 - chitraloka.com | Kannada Movie News, Reviews | Image". Chitraloka.com. 2012-12-12. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Kannada actor plays 'Kannadada Kotyadipathi' - IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Punith Rajkumar Bio Profile Childhood Pics Wife Marriage Daughter Family Photos". Youthindies.Com. 2012-06-19. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "The Hindu - Puneeth Rajkumar is brand ambassador of Malabar Gold". Ddd.in.com. 2009-07-31. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "MANAPPURAM FINANCE - Gold Loan | Loan against Gold Ornaments | Loan against Gold Jewellery | Jewel Loan". Manappuram.com. 2010-03-31. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "IPL takes a glam beating". ibnlive.in.com. 23 May 2012. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "What Puneet Rajkumar calls his computer in Kannadada Kotyadhipati?". Entertainment.oneindia.in. 2012-02-29. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Puneeth makes the cut for Ramesh Aravind". The Times of India. 31 July 2014. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "33rd National Film Awards". Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- [dead link]
- "Manasaare sweeps Lux South Scope Awards". sify.com. Retrieved 30 September 2015.