17 March 1975
Madras, Tamil Nadu, India
|Residence||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Occupation||Actor, playback singer, television presenter|
|Spouse(s)||Ashwini Revanath (m. 1999)|
Parvathamma Rajkumar (mother)
|Relatives||Vinay Rajkumar (nephew)|
Raghavendra Rajkumar (brother)
Lohith (born 17 March 1975), known by his screen name Puneeth Rajkumar, is an Indian film actor, playback singer and television presenter who mostly works in Kannada cinema. He has appeared over 25 films as a lead actor, prior to which he had a career as a child artiste appearing in films to which his father Rajkumar appeared in lead roles. As a child artist, his performances in Vasantha Geetha (1980), Bhagyavantha (1981), Chalisuva Modagalu (1982), Eradu Nakshatragalu (1983) and Bettada Hoovu (1985) received appreciation. He won the National Film Award for Best Child Artist for his role of Ramu in Bettada Hoovu. His first film in a lead role came in the 2002 in Appu. He went on to appear in other commercial successful films over the years, such as Abhi (2003), Aakash (2005), Arasu (2007), Milana (2007), Jackie (2010), Hudugaru (2011) and Paramathma (2011), establishing him as one of the leading contemporary actors in Kannada cinema.
He is the youngest son of Rajkumar, Kannada cinema's most celebrated actor, and the brother of actors Shivarajkumar and Raghavendra Rajkumar. In 2012, he debuted as a television presenter with the game show Kannadada Kotyadhipati, a Kannada version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 TV Shows
- 4 Other interests
- 5 Brand endorsement
- 6 Personal life
- 7 Filmography
- 8 Awards and honours
- 9 References
- 10 External links
Puneeth Rajkumar was born as Lohith at Kalyani Hospital, Madras, Tamil Nadu to Dr.Rajkumar and Parvathamma Rajkumar as their fifth and youngest child. He grew up there till the age of six, before the family shifted their base to Bangalore. A superstar at the time, his father took him to his shooting sets along with his sister Poornima till he was ten years old. His elder brothers Shiva Rajkumar and Raghavendra Rajkumar were popular actors in the 1990s, with the former still acting in films.
Puneeth started his film career when he was six months old in his father's film Premada Kanike and Sanaadi Appanna when he was one year old. He appeared as a son for his real father in many movies such as Yarivanu, Vasantha Geetha, Chalisuva Modagalu. He left school at a very early age and began to act in movies. He studied with a private teacher at his home and later received a Diploma in Computer Science. He then started a career in a mining business before entering the film industry in leading roles. He was trained in dancing and fighting for three years before his first film as a hero. Puneeth has had training in Kalarippayattu, one of the oldest Indian martial arts.
Early career (1976–89)
His acting career started with the movie "Premada Kaanike" and then continued with Vasantha Geetha","Bhagyavanta,"Yeradu Nakshatragalu", "Parashu Ram".He had won national award for his role in 'bettada hoovu'.
Lead roles (2002–present)
Appu is the first film which he acted as Hero, which Became Block Buster, Then "Abhi", Followed By "Veera Kannadiga", "Maurya" ,"Namma Basava" , "Aakash", Arasu and "Bindass" all crossed 100 days and made him Top Hero in Kannada Film Industry.In 2007, He starred in Milana which has ran for a year in PVR Multiplex Bangalore. He received the Karnataka State Best Actor Award for his role in the film. In 2010, he starred in the movie Jackie paired with Bhavana Menon. This movie got wide critical acclaim  and was adjudged the Best Film of 2010 at the South Filmfare Awards. The Telugu version was released on 6 May 2011. He acted in two movies in the year 2011, including Hudugaru. Puneeth earned his second Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Kannada and also SIIMA awards for Best Actor for this movie. The other was Paramathma under the direction of director Yograj Bhat, followed by Anna Bond in 2012 directed by Soori, the director who had directed him in Jackie. His movie Yaare Koogadali released in December 2012 got rave reviews from critics and was followed by Ninnindale (2014). Power which has hit the theaters recently is going strong at the box office. Puneet Starrer Makes Record Collection of ₹22 Crore in 6 Days  Puneeth is the only actor so far who has a 75% Success Ratio, in which 17 films out of 23 films completed 100 days+. In total, so far he has acted in 23 Films with Ranavikrama (2015 Kannada film) being his latest, where he has the record of 17 films (Appu to hudugaru and Power***) running for 100+ days, 4 films (Anna Bond, Yaare Koogadali, Mythri, Ranavikrama) completing 50+ days, and 1 film completing 75+ days(Paramathma) and also 1 movie (Ninnindale) completed 25+ days run in theaters. He is the only actor whose first consecutive 16 movies (Appu to Hudugaru) ran for 100 days plus making the only actor in India to achieve this incredible feat.
Apart from acting, Puneeth also had a singing career. He has sung since his childhood in all his movies as a child artist. Kanadante Mayavadanu from Chalisuva Modagalu is one of his songs as a child artist. He sang with S. P. Balasubrahmanyam in his movie Bettada Hoovu. When he entered as a male lead he also began singing at least one song in all his films.
It is usual for music directors of his movies to record a song in his voice. From his first movie Appu, he was mostly singing solo. With the song Jothe Jotheyali from the movie Vamshi he sang duets too. In 2010 he sang another fast-number in his movie Jackie after which he rendered voice to his brother Shivrajkumar's film titled "Lava Kusha" and Mylari. Puneeth has also given voice for Ganesh movie Shyloo and also for Yogesh's Sidlingu. He is also given voice in films like Ale,Tirupathi Express,Sharan's Adyaksha and Tony.
Most of his songs have turned out to be hits that include songs which are dominantly rhythmic and peppy such as "Bandanoora Bhandarella", "Hosa gaana bajaana", "Taliban alla alla", "Hotappa hotu", "Adhyaksha", "Naaire naaire" among others. And a few of his songs like "Jothe jotheyali", "Guruvaara sanje" have a melodious tune too.
In 2013 Puneeth hosted the quiz show Kannadada Kotyadhipati which is modeled on the Hindi show Kaun Banega Crorepati hosted by Amitabh Bachchan, which was in turn modeled on British show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? hosted by Chris Tarrant. Show had a very High TRP ratings all over the season.. After the phenomenal success of season-1 second season followed in 2013.
Before entering the film industry he was actively involved in a Home Banner Vajreshwari Combines film distribution job in Karnataka, which still continues. He produced some of the movies made for their brothers Shivaraj Kumar as well as Raghavendra Rajkumar. Two TV serials were also produced by him. In the same serial he has made guest appearance. In the movie Akasmika he designed the costumes of Rajkumar.
Puneeth has a knowledge of Steadicam which is used in films to shoot scenes like stunts and car chases. Learning about new brand cameras and high definition lenses to movies is his favorite hobby.
Puneeth has also involved himself in philanthropic works with his mother Parvathamma Rajkumar and carries this out in an Ashram called Shakti Dhama in Mysore.
Puneeth's popularity has made him the brand ambassador for a number of brands such as 7 Up (PepsiCo), F-Square, Dixcy Scott, Karnataka Milk Federation's Nandini Milk products, Malabar Gold, Manappuram  among others. He was also a brand ambassador of the Indian Premier League cricket team, Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Puneeth met Ashwini Revanath, who would be his future wife, through a common friend. Their friendship blossomed into love and they wedded on December 1, 1999. They have two daughters together; Drithi and Vanditha.
|1975||Premada Kanike||Child artist||credited as Master Rajkumar|
|1977||Sanaadi Appanna||Child artist|
|1980||Vasantha Geetha||Shyaam||credited as Master Lohith|
|1981||Bhagyavantha||Krishna||credited as Master Lohith|
|1981||Thayige Thakka Maga||Child artist||credited as Master Lohith|
|1981||Bhoomige Banda Bhagavantha||Lord Krishna||credited as Master Lohith|
|1982||Hosa Belaku||Puttu||credited as Master Lohith|
|1982||Chalisuva Modagalu||Ramu||Won, Karnataka State Film Award for Best Child Actor|
|1983||Eradu Nakshatragalu||Raja||Won, Karnataka State Film Award for Best Child Actor|
|1985||Bettada Hoovu||Ramu||Won, National Film Award for Best Child Artist|
|1988||Shiva Mecchida Kannappa||Kannappa (child)|
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2007||Arasu||Shivaraj Aras||Won, Filmfare Award for Best Actor|
|2007||Milana||Aakash||Won, Karnataka State Film Award for Best Actor|
|2008||Vamshi||Vamshi||Won, South Scope Award for best actor|
|2009||Raaj - The Showman||Mutturaj|
|2010||Jackie||Janakirama ("Jackie")||Won, Karnataka State Film Award for Best Actor|
|2011||Hudugaru||Prabhu||Won, Filmfare Award for Best Actor
Won, SIIMA Award for Best Actor
|2012||Anna Bond||Bond Ravi||Won, Suvarna Film Award for Favorite Hero
Nominated, SIIMA Award for Best Actor
Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Actor
|2014||Power||Bharath Kumar IPS|
|2015||Mythri||Himself||Bilingual film (Kannada, Malayalam)|
As playback singer
|2002||Appu||"Talibaan Alla Alla"|
|2003||Abhi||"Mama Mama Maja Madu"|
|2004||Veera Kannadiga||"Naire Naire"|
|2005||Namma Basava||"Rukku Rukku Rukkamma"|
|2007||Lava Kusha||"Hotappa Hot Sakkath"|
|2009||Raam||"Hosa Gaana Bajaana"|
|2011||Shyloo||"Pada Pada Kannada"|
|2012||Anna Bond||"Kaanadanthe" Remix|
|2013||Tony||"Pakka Paapi Naanu"|
|2014||Savaari 2||"Motu Beedi"|
|2014||Tirupathi Express||"Naanu Righta"|
|2015||Rana Vikrama||"Neene Neene"|
|2015||UPPI 2||"Uppittu Uppittu"|
|1||2012||Kannadada Kotyadhipati||Host||Suvarna||Aired 12 March 2012|
|2||2013||Kannadada Kotyadhipati Season 2||Host||Suvarna||Aired 11 March 2013|
|3||2014||Weekend with Ramesh||Guest||Zee Kannada||Aired 2 August 2014|
Awards and honours
- Karnataka State Film Award for Best Actor - Milana - 2008
- Karnataka State Film Award for Best Actor - Jackie - 2010
- Karnataka State Film Award for Best Child Actor - Chalisuva Modagalu -1982
- Karnataka State Film Award for Best Child Actor - Eradu Nakshatragalu -1983
- SIIMA Award for Best Actor - Hudugaru - 2012
- Nominated—SIIMA Award for Best Actor - Anna Bond - 2013
- Youth Icon of South Indian Cinema (Male) - 2013 
- Filmfare Award for Best Actor (Kannada) - Arasu - 2007
- Filmfare Award for Best Actor (Kannada) - Hudugaru - 2012
South Scope awards
- South Scope Award for Best Actor (Kannada) - Vamshi - 2009
- Suvarna channel movie awards - Best actor for the movie Jackie - 2010
- Suvarna Channel Most Favorite Actor for movie "Anna Bond"-2013
- Udaya Film Award
- Big Kannada Awards 2011
- Innovative Film Awards
- Udaya Film Awards -Best Actor Jackie
- Star Award
- Shivkamal, Aravind G (29 June 2010). "Puneeth Rajkumar: The impeccable aura of the Powerstar continues to dazzle". Southscope.in. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- "‘I can never be my father’". The Times of India. 15 November 2010. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- "Naa Bidalare Ninnanu - Premada Kanike - Rajkumar Hits". YouTube. 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Naane Thaayi Naane Thande - Sanadi Appanna (1977) - Kannada". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- Puneet’s Jackie gets rave reviews from critics
- The glitter, the gloss, the razzmatazz – South Filmfare Awards. Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com (2011-07-03). Retrieved on 2014-03-08.
- Puneethh Rajkumar's next film titled Hudugaru
- The Hindu - In the name of God
- Puneeth to work with Soori
- "'Power***' Box Office: Puneet Starrer Makes Record Collection of ₹22 Crore in 6 Days". IBTimes. September 3, 2014.
- "Desi Shock Media Videos". Media.desishock.com. 2010-02-06. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- Myalri creates a big buzz
- Tantri, Balaraj (2012-01-04). "ಕೋಟ್ಯಾಧಿಪತಿಗೆ ನೂಕುನುಗ್ಗಲು, 4ಲಕ್ಷ ಎಸ್ಎಂಎಸ್- 04 over lac sms for kannadada kotyadipathi - Oneindia Kannada". Kannada.oneindia.in. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Dr Rajkumar International Hotel Bangalore hotel in Bangalore, India - Dr Rajkumar International Hotel Bangalore travel guide". tripwolf. 2009-12-31. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "Punith Rajkumar Bio Profile Childhood Pics Wife Marriage Daughter Family Photos". Youthindies.Com. 2012-06-19. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "The Hindu - Puneeth Rajkumar is brand ambassador of Malabar Gold". Ddd.in.com. 2009-07-31. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "MANAPPURAM FINANCE - Gold Loan | Loan against Gold Ornaments | Loan against Gold Jewellery | Jewel Loan". Manappuram.com. 2010-03-31. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "IPL takes a glam beating". ibnlive.in.com. 23 May 2012. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- Prakash (2012-02-29). "What Puneet Rajkumar calls his computer in Kannadada Kotyadhipati?". Entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- Mounesh (2012-02-29). "What Puneet Rajkumar calls his computer in Kannadada Kotyadhipati?". Entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Puneeth makes the cut for Ramesh Aravind". The Times of India. 31 July 2014. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "SIIMA". http://www.siima.in/.