|• Total||17.65 km2 (6.81 sq mi)|
|Elevation||764 m (2,507 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||AP 03|
Punganur is located at  It has an average elevation of 764 meters (2509 feet)..
As of 2011[update] India census, Punganur had a population of 70,000. Males constitute 49% of the population and females 51%. Punganur has an average literacy rate of 69%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 71%, and female literacy is 56%. In Punganur, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Punganur Assembly constituency is a constituency of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly, India. It is one of 14 constituencies in Chittoor district.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "Punganuru Municipality". Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration. Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- "Chittoor District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 491, 517. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Punganuru, India". fallingrain.com.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
Pundeswara temple in mugavadi near to punganur.