(Redirected from Punt (football))Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up punt in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Punt or punting may refer to:
- Land of Punt, a trading partner of Ancient Egypt based in the Horn of Africa region.
- Puntland, a region in north-eastern Somalia, centered on Garowe in the Nugaal province.
Sports and recreation
- Punt (gridiron football), a way of kicking a ball in the American or Canadian varieties of football
- Punt (Australian football), a way of kicking a ball in the Australian variety of football
- Kicking the ball high in the air towards the opposite side of the field by the goaltender in soccer/association football.
- Punt (boat), a flat-bottomed boat with a square-cut bow developed on the River Thames
- Norfolk Punt, a type of racing dinghy developed in Norfolk
- Cable ferry, known as a punt in Australian English
- El Punt, a Catalan newspaper
- Punt gun, a type of extremely large shotgun, mounted directly on punt boats
- Punt (surname), a surname
- The Punt or Punt Éireannach, also known as the Irish pound, which was the currency of Ireland prior to its changeover to the Euro
- A tool used in glassmaking
- A punt mark or pontil mark, left by the glassmaking tool
- The indented bottom of a wine bottle
- Punt, a colloquial term in British English for bet or wager in gambling.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Punt.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.