Punyalan Private Limited
|Punyalan Private Limited|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Ranjith Sankar|
|Written by||Ranjith Sankar|
|Edited by||V. Saajan|
Dreams N Beyond
|Distributed by||Punyalan Cinemas|
Punyalan Private Limited is a 2017 Indian Malayalam-language political satire film written, co-produced and directed by Ranjith Sankar. It is a sequel to the 2013 film Punyalan Agarbattis and stars Jayasurya, Aju Varghese, Vijayaraghavan, Dharmajan Bolgatty, Guinness Pakru, Sunil Sukhada, Arya Rohit, and Sreejith Ravi. Produced by Jayasurya and Sankar, the film marks the debut of their distribution company Punyalan Cinemas.
Filming began in August 2017. The film was released on 17 November 2017.
Joy Thakkolkkaran (Jayasurya) after death of his wife (Nyla Usha), lost his first incense stick company to debt. As an entrepreneur he jumps onto a second outing with using elephant urine as a soft-drink. His ideas are supported by his friends and workers Greenu sharma (Aju Varghese), Abhayakumar (Sreejith Ravi), Peer Thanesh (Dharmajan Bolgatty) etc. As usually he doesn't give consideration to how the system works and clashes with the system. When things doesn't go through his way, he forces himself to be the center of media attention and adopts the situation to make his dreams come true. Joy gets an opportunity to shadow the Chief Minister through the media attention and he uses this to voice his opinions about and against the corrupted system and publicizes his product. When it comes to a point where the Chief Minister is against Joy, he utilizes the media that is ready for a marketable news. Joy argues a politician is a service person and for them, people are consumers and consumers are the king.Finally due to his efforts Shakthan Rajashekharan fails in election.In the end Joy opens his new factory inaugurated by his formal rival.
- Jayasurya as Joy Thakkolkaran
- Vijayaraghavan as Shakthan Rajashekharan
- Aju Varghese as Greenu Sharma
- Sreejith Ravi as Abaya Kumar
- Ponnamma Babu as Usha
- Sunil Sukhada as Judge
- Dharmajan Bolgatty as Peer
- Vinod Kovoor
- Arya Rohit as Golda
- Guinness Pakru as A. K. Chandrakanth
- Jayaraj Warrier as Kaattaalan
- Vishnu Govind as Gladson
- Sathi Premji as Narayani
- Gokulan as Jimbruttan
- Vimalkumar as Sajan
After the 2016 film Pretham, Ranjith Sankar decided to collaborate again with Jayasurya. Sankar got the initial idea of a film while he was travelling on train to Thiruvananthapuram, it was announced to be a sequel to their 2013 film Punyalan Agarbattis. Sankar was pondering over the idea of making a sequel to the film since 2013, "I must have thought about over 10,000 stories for the sequel. Political satire need to have a strong subject. Then, the common trend where sequels rarely turn better than first part too was a hindrance. But, when I landed this story, I realised it is time to announce the project," says Sankar, who scripted it himself. Sankar and Jayasurya launched the distribution company Punyalan Cinemas with this film. Sankar said, "the idea behind Punyalan Cinemas is to release our films and others films which we believe in. A humble step into the big ocean of cinema again".
|Punyalan Private Limited|
|Soundtrack album to Punyalan Private Limited by Anand Madhusoodanan|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Anand Madhusoodanan chronology|
|1||"Poorangalude Pooram"||P. Jayachandran||Bijibal|
|2||"Naalu Kombulla Kunjaana"||Vineeth Sreenivasan||Anand Madhusoodanan|
- "Ranjith Sankar's next titled 'Punyalan Private Ltd'". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 8 September 2017.
- "Coming soon… Punyalan Private Ltd". kaumudiglobal.com. Retrieved 8 September 2017.
- "'Punyalan Private Limited' to start rolling soon". sify.com. Retrieved 8 September 2017.
- "Sequel of Punyalan Agarbathies is likely to hit screens on December!". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 8 September 2017.
- "Director Ranjith Sankar announces sequel to 'Punyalan Agarbattis'". thenewsminute.com. 25 May 2017. Retrieved 8 September 2017.
- "A lead actor called Thrissur". newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 8 September 2017.
- "Punyalan Private Limited: Here Is How Ranjith Sankar Landed On The Story Of The Movie!". filmibeat.com. 26 July 2017. Retrieved 8 September 2017.
- "Punyalan Agarbattis part 2 to release on November 17 - Times of India". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 8 September 2017.
- "After 'Aadu 2', Jayasurya announces 'Punyalan 2'". sify.com. Retrieved 8 September 2017.
- "Jayasurya starrer 'Punyalan Private Limited' is all set to go on floors - Times of India". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 8 September 2017.
- "Jayasurya and Ranjith Sankar to team up for the sequel of Punyalan Agarbathies - Times of India". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 8 September 2017.
- "സാമൂഹിക ജീവിയായ പുണ്യാളൻ; റിവ്യു". ManoramaOnline. Retrieved 2017-11-17.
- "Punyalan Private Limited: a failed entrepreneur's systemic cleansing". OnManorama. Retrieved 2017-11-17.