Puppey in 2018
|Born||March 6, 1990|
|Current team||Team Secret|
|Career prize money||USD 1.95 million.|
The International 2011|
Clement Ivanov (born March 6, 1990), commonly known as Puppey, is an Estonian professional Dota 2 player for Team Secret. He is the founding member of Team Secret. Under his guidance, took place at Gamescom in Cologne on August 2011, Natus Vincere won The International 2011 for a then-unprecedented one million dollar first place prize. They also took runner-up for the next two Internationals.
Puppey had a successful DotA career playing for top teams, such as KingSurf.international and Nirvana.international, and with players like Kuroky and Dendi in Team Na'Vi. Despite the fact that he plays Jungler and Support most often, Puppey is also able to play in every role.
With Natus Vincere
Puppey started his first steps into the DotA 2 competitive scene with Natus Vincere among players such as Dendi and Artstyle, as they competed in The International 2011. They went undefeated throughout the whole tournament, winning the then-big $1,000,000 USD grand prize. They also won the Electronic Sports World Cup 2011 and took home $12,000 USD. In both of these tournaments, he demonstrated fantastic prediction with the hero Chen's ability to send his teammates back to base. Puppey became Natus Vincere's Captain after ArtStyle's departure from the team in October 2011.
After winning those two tournaments, Puppey went on to have a place on the podium for 31 out of 32 different tournaments in from 2013-2011, winning tournaments such as the Alienware cup, StarLadder Star Series Season 7 and The Defense Season 4. He also achieved second place in The International 2012.
After winning the Dota 2 Champions League Season 2 in 2014, things began to go south for Puppey, getting a 7-8th place at The International 2014, Puppey suddenly left Natus Vincere with Kuroky. The community started saying rumors about why he would leave a team he stayed with for four years.
With Team Secret
Following his first achievement with Team Secret, Puppey went on to be top 3 on 7 major tournaments and 1 premier tournament. He also won a 'Double Trouble' season with his manager, Matthew 'Cyborgmatt' Bailey. The Double Trouble tournament included a team of two major DotA 2 personalities who battled against other groups of two of the major Dota 2 personalities.
Following TI5, the team underwent heavy drama between Kuro 'KuroKy' S. Takhasomi and Artour 'Arteezy' Babaev, which started with Arteezy indirectly blaming the loss at The International on KuroKy while streaming on Twitch.tv and KuroKy responding and flaming Arteezy in German forums.
In the post-TI5 shuffle, s4 and Arteezy returned to their previous teams, Zai decided to leave competitive DOTA to finish school, and KuroKy formed a new German team 5Jungz (which will later be sponsored by Team Liquid). On August 22, team director Kemal Sadikoglu announced the new roster of Team Secret which now included MiSery, EternaLEnVy, w33, pieliedie and of course Puppey
Following the new roster change, Puppey and his team went on to achieve second place in The Frankfurt Major and ESL One New York while winning Nanyang DotA 2 Championships and the MLG World Finals 2015.
Puppey and Team Secret eliminated by Team Empire, 1:2, during the ESL One Manila 2016 group B decider series. After a rocky start in day one of the tournament, Team Secret made an incredible comeback beating EHOME 2 – 0 in their Best of 3 series.
On 16 February 2016, former team manager Evany Chang accused Team Secret of not paying prize winnings to her and former players. On 9 October 2016, former player EternaLEnVy wrote a blog post detailing several instances of the organisation, in particular team director Kemal and Puppey, failing to pay players on time, lying about payments and sponsorships, and taking a 10% cut out of prize winnings without informing the players. Later that day, another former player, MiSeRy, released a blog raising similar issues, and claiming Secret did not pay him until he asked several times. He also backed EternaLEnVy's claim that Puppey was the only player aware of the organization taking a 10% cut.
- "Clement "Puppey" Ivanov". e-Sports Earnings.
- "There and Back Again: Clement "Puppey" Ivanov and Team Secret - Part 1". ESPN. 9 March 2016. Retrieved 27 August 2018.
- Miozzi, CJ (August 1, 2011). "Valve Announces DOTA 2 Gamescom Tournament". Game Front. Archived from the original on December 24, 2013. Retrieved February 22, 2014.
- "Ks.Int adds Dendi". www.gosugamers.net. Retrieved 2017-10-06.
- "Nirvana.int, champions of GosuCup #2". www.gosugamers.net. Retrieved 2017-10-06.
- Strom, Steven (May 20, 2015). "Puppey's Concern for Order and Competition".
- "Na'Vi take home $1,000,000". www.gosugamers.net. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- "ESCW – 4GL yelling at NaVi as they win – DotA Forums". www.playdota.com. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- "GosuGamers". www.gosugamers.net. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- "Na'Vi win Alienware cup in dramatic five game final". www.gosugamers.net. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- "Na`Vi claim their fifth StarLadder championship through commanding performance". www.gosugamers.net. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- "The Defense 4 Grand Finals Recap « News". The Defense. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- "iG wins the million dollars at The International". www.gosugamers.net. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- Sander, Maris. "Eesti poisi tiim võitis arvutimängus miljon dollarit". Eesti Ekspress. Retrieved February 2, 2016.
- "Na`Vi Wins the Dota 2 Champions League Finals". www.liquiddota.com. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- "Na'Vi eliminated from The International Dota 2 Championships". SBNation.com. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- "Natus Vincere parts with Puppey – Natus Vincere Website". read.navi-gaming.com. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- "Clement 'Puppey' Ivanov departs Natus Vincere". onGamers. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- "Starladder X: EG are victorious! « News". joinDOTA.com. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "Twitch's Double Trouble ft. Dendi, Singsing, Puppey, and BigDaddyNotail | Rebrn.com". Rerbn. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "Team Secret beat EG 3-1, win ESL One". www.gosugamers.net. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "Team Secret eliminated from The International Dota 2 Championships". SBNation.com. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "Arteezy's comments on stream about Kuroky trigger heavy community debate « News". joinDOTA.com. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "Arteezy VS Kuroky Drama". GosuGamers Forums. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "TI5 winner Aui_2000 kicked from EG, to be replaced by Arteezy « News". joinDOTA.com. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "The prodigal son returns as s4 joins Alliance with Mynuts « News". joinDOTA.com. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "Team Liquid picks up Kuroky's 5Jungz after one year without a squad « News". joinDOTA.com. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "Kemal Sadikoglu on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "Team Secret won Shanghai Major 2016". Youtube. Retrieved 2016-03-06.
- "Puppey Interview by Pealtnägija". Youtube. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Team Secret eliminated by Team Empire". www.rappler.com. Retrieved 2016-04-26.
- Chang, Evany (16 February 2016). "I'm not even sure where to start with this..." TwitLonger. Retrieved 9 October 2016.
- Mao, Jacky (9 October 2016). "A Secret Story". Team NP. Retrieved 9 October 2016.
- Filipsen, Rasmus (9 October 2016). "The Secret Is Out". Medium. Retrieved 9 October 2016.