Puppy Dog Pals
|Puppy Dog Pals|
|Created by||Harland Williams|
|Theme music composer||Andy Bean|
|Opening theme||"Puppy Dog Pals"|
by Andy Bean
|Ending theme||"Puppy Dog Pals" (Instrumental)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||92 (list of episodes)|
|Producers||Harland Williams (Consulting Producer)|
Elizabeth Seidman (Supervising Producer)
Jeannine Hodson (Line Producer)
|Running time||22 minutes (11 minutes per segment)|
|Production company||Wild Canary Animation|
|Distributor||Disney–ABC Domestic Television|
|Original network||Disney Junior|
|Original release||April 14, 2017 –|
Puppy Dog Pals (Puppy Dog Tails in the pilot) is an American computer-animated children's television series created by Harland Williams. The series debuted on Disney Junior in the United States on April 14, 2017.
Puppy Dog Pals is about Bingo and Rolly, two pug puppy brothers who have fun traveling around their neighborhood and the world when their owner Bob leaves home. They also have a kitty sister named Hissy and a robot dog named A.R.F. (Auto-Doggy Robotic Friend).
- Bingo (voiced by Issac Ryan Brown in Seasons 1-3; Elisha "EJ" Williams in Season 4-present) — A blackish grayish pug with a blue lightning collar who is more mature than his twin brother Rolly. He is the leader of Rolly and himself. Bingo is always ready to go on missions with his brother to help someone in need. Issac Ryan Brown couldn't voice Bingo anymore after Season 3 due to puberty so Elisha Williams took on the role.
- Rolly (voiced by Sam Lavagnino in Seasons 1-3; Gracen Newton in Season 4-present) — A fawn pug with a red collar with a gold bone on it. He isn't as smart as Bingo but is very silly. He is Bingo's twin birthday brother but Bingo is older than Rolly. This is clarified in Season 1. Rolly loves to chew on everything he can find and it's a bad habit. Sam Lavagnino couldn't voice Rolly anymore after Season 3 due to puberty so Gracen Newton took on the role.
- Bob (voiced by Harland Williams) — The owner of Bingo, Rolly, Hissy, and A.R.F. He works as an industrial designer/product designer a.k.a. an "inventor." In the season 2 premiere "A New Pup in Town," Bob modified the fence between his and Chloe's house, so that Keia can play with Bingo, Rolly and Hissy and they can all visit each other's homes without having to dig under the fence and made a new collar for Keia (since her old one fell off), which she wears during missions with Bingo and Rolly.
- Hissy (voiced by Jessica DiCicco) — A cynical purple tabby cat who cares for Bingo and Rolly like a big sister. In some episodes, she ends up going along with Bingo and Rolly on their missions. She and Cupcake are the only animals with unnatural fur color.
- A.R.F. (fully known as Auto-Doggy Robotic Friend; voiced by Tom Kenny) — A robotic dog that Bob invented. He first appears in the episode "A.R.F." and was updated by Bob in "Go Dog Go." He always refers to himself in the third person in every episode with the exception of "Go Dog Go" and "How ARF Got His Voice Back."
- Lollie (voiced by Giselle Eisenberg) — A black and white Cavalier King Charles Spaniel female puppy wearing a green collar whose back legs are paralyzed. She first appeared in “Adopt-A-Palooza”. Her best friend is Keia.
- Keia (voiced by Shiloh Nelson) — A new puppy owned by Bob's next door neighbors, Chloe and her mother. Keia also becomes close friends with Bingo, Rolly and Hissy ever since she met them. She is also known for wearing a turquoise colored long-sleeved shirt and wearing a pink collar with a gold star on it. She first appeared in "A New Pup in Town." Her best friend is Lollie.
- Strawberry (communicates with squeaking noises) — A ladybug who, like Bingo, Rolly and Hissy, is a close friend of Keia's, so much so that Strawberry hangs around with Keia most of the time. Like Keia, Strawberry has also made her debut in "A New Pup in Town." Keia has given the ladybug the name "Strawberry" because, according to Keia, she looks like a strawberry due to her red body with black spots.
- Cupcake (voiced by Jill Talley) — A bitter pink Maltese dog who likes to bully other animals, especially Bingo and Rolly. She becomes more of a friend after "The Fang Fairy."
- Rufus (voiced by Leslie David Baker) — An oafish bulldog who is Cupcake's brother and minion. He has been known to chase Bingo and Rolly multiple times, but in "Haunted Howl-O-Ween," after Rolly removed Chloe's costume off him, he helped them return it.
- Captain Dog (voiced by Patrick Warburton) — The star of the pup's favorite television show.
- Frank Exposition (voiced by Leslie David Baker) — A man who is usually seen vacationing with his wife, Esther, during Bingo and Rolly's missions. In "A Pyramid Scheme," he gets tangled in ribbons, which leads to Bingo and Rolly mistaking him for a mummy.
- Esther Exposition (voiced by Cheri Oteri) — Frank's wife. In episode "Hissy's Big Day", she is shown to have a pet iguana named Iggy.
- Bulworth (voiced by Huey Lewis) — The junkyard dog.
- Johnathan (voiced by Jeff Bennett impersonating Don Knotts) — Bingo and Rolly's wisecracking seagull friend.
- Chloe (voiced by Emma Shannon) — A little girl who is Bob's neighbor. As of Season 2, Chloe and her mother are the owners of Keia, a new puppy who also becomes best friends with Bob's pets.
- Strider the Sheepdog (voiced by Mo Collins) — A fast-talking sheep herding sheepdog who appears in the episodes "Counting Sheep" and "Rhapsody in Pug."
- Ana (voiced by Cree Summer) — Lollie's owner and Bob's love interest and then later fiance first seen in "Adopt-a-Palooza."
- Hedgie (voiced by Jack McBrayer) — A brown hedgehog who is great friends with the pups and he gives great advice.
- Boss (voiced by Brandon James Cienfuegos) — A young guard dog.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||50||25||April 14, 2017||July 27, 2018|
|2||60||30||October 12, 2018||October 14, 2019|
|3||50||25||November 8, 2019||October 15, 2020|
|4||TBA||TBA||October 23, 2020||TBA|
The series premiered on Disney Junior and Disney Channel in the United States on April 14, 2017 and on Disney Junior in Canada on April 23. Playtime with Puppy Dog Pals aired on Tiny Pop to advertise season 2 with the new puppy, Keia. On August 24, 2017, Disney Junior renewed the series for a second season, which premiered on October 12, 2018. On September 7, 2018, a third season was commissioned; it began airing on November 8, 2019. On October 30, 2019, a fourth season was commissioned after it was previously announced in June that the series was being cancelled after three seasons; it began airing on October 23, 2020, with new voice actors for Bingo (Elisha “EJ” Williams, replacing Issac Ryan Brown) and Rolly (Gracen Newton, replacing Sam Lavagnino). On October 9, 2020, a fifth season was commissioned.
Home media is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment.
|1||Going on a Mission!||6||1||183 minutes||April 10, 2018|
|Playtime with Puppy Dog Pals||January 22, 2019|
|Disney Junior Holiday||2||143 minutes||October 23, 2018|
Awards and nominations
|2018||Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Individual in Animation||Steve C. Meyers||Won|
|Outstanding Casting for an Animated Series or Special||Allyson Bosch||Nominated|
|2019||Annie Awards||Outstanding Achievement for Editorial in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production||Adam Rickabus||Nominated|
|2020||Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Performer in a Preschool Animated Program||Kevin Michael Richardson as King Topher||Nominated|
|Outstanding Casting for an Animated Series or Special||Allyson Bosch||Nominated|
|Outstanding Sound Editing for a Preschool Animated Program||Nominated|
- "Puppy Dog Pals – Fact Sheet". Disney Junior Press. March 23, 2017. Retrieved April 14, 2017.
- Crump, William D. (2019). Happy Holidays—Animated! A Worldwide Encyclopedia of Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and New Year's Cartoons on Television and Film. McFarland & Co. p. 249. ISBN 9781476672939.
- "'Puppy Dog Pals' To Premiere April 14 on Disney Channel". Animation World Network. March 30, 2017. Retrieved April 14, 2017.
- Kimberly Nordyke (September 7, 2018). "'Muppet Babies,' 'Vampirina,' 'Puppy Dog Pals' Renewed at Disney Junior (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 17, 2020.
- "Disney Junior renews "Puppy Dog Pals" for Season 5 ahead of Season 4 premiere". Laughing Place.