Pur Chaman District
Pur Chaman (also transliterated as Purchaman or Porchaman) is a mountainous district in Farah Province, Afghanistan. Its population is approximately 95% Tajik with a Pashtun minority. The main village, also called Purchaman is situated at 1431 m altitude.
Pur Chaman was the center of operations for the Naqshbandi Sufi leader (pir) of the Aimaq ethnic group until the late 1970s, when the last pir, Baha'uddin Jan, was killed under the Taraki government.
- UNHCR District Profile[permanent dead link], compiled September–October 2004, accessed 2006-06-06 (PDF).
- Map of Settlements AIMS, May 2002
- "District Names". National Democratic Institute. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "Farah Provincial Profile" (PDF). Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- Olivier Roy. Islam and resistance in Afghanistan. Cambridge University Press, 1990. ISBN 0-521-39700-6, ISBN 978-0-521-39700-1
|This Farah Province, Afghanistan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|