Purbasthali II (community development block)
|Community development block|
|Parliamentary constituency||Bardhaman Purba|
|Assembly constituency||Purbasthali Uttar|
|• Total||72.66 sq mi (188.18 km2)|
|• Density||3,000/sq mi (1,000/km2)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
|Literacy Rate||64.50 per cent|
Purbasthali II (community development block) (Bengali: পূ্র্বস্থলি II সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক) is an administrative division in Kalna subdivision of Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Purbasthali police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Patuli, a census town in this block.
Patuli is located at.
As per 2001 census, Purbasthali II block had a total population of 188,149, out of which 97,024 were males and 91,125 were females. Purbasthali II block registered a population growth of 18.89 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Bardhaman district was 14.36 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per 2001 census, Purbasthali II block had a total literacy of 64.50 per cent for the 6+ age group. While male literacy was 72.38 per cent female literacy was 56.07 per cent. Bardhaman district had a total literacy of 70.18 per cent, male literacy being 78.63 per cent and female literacy being 60.95 per cent.
Purbasthali I block is one of the areas of Bardhaman district which is affected by arsenic contamination of ground water.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Burdwan district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Barddhaman District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "No. 229 (Sanction)-PN/P/II/1G-5/2005(Pt.II) dated 02.02.09". Allotment No. 5 for five districts – Cooch Behar, Burdwan, Uttar Dinajpur, Hooghly and Bankura. Government of West Bengal - Department of Pancha & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- "TRU for all Districts (SC & ST and Total)". Census 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 5, Bardhaman District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". Bardhaman district. SOES. Retrieved 2011-09-23.