Cross-harbour view of the towers
|Location||Halifax, Nova Scotia|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Shore Tilbe Henschel Irwin Peters - Architects|
|Main contractor||JW Lindsay Enterprises Limited|
Purdy's Wharf is an office complex located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Built over the water at the edge of Halifax Harbour and resting on pilings, it consists of two office towers, and a smaller office structure called Purdy's Landing. Purdy's Landing is commonly referred to as the "Xerox building", due to a large Xerox sign that used to hang on the exterior of the building. The complex also contains a seven-story multistorey car park as well as pedways connecting the complex to Casino Nova Scotia and the Downtown Halifax Link system.
Purdy's Wharf has a unique, energy-efficient cooling system that works by circulating sea water through a heat exchanger system with the building's cooling water. The colder sea water chills the building's cooling water, which is then circulated through the buildings.
- JWL Enterprises
- Purdy's Wharf I, Halifax, , Emporis.com - Commercial Real Estate Information and Construction Data, Retrieved June 3, 2008.
- Purdy's Wharf II, Halifax, Emporis.com, Retrieved June 3, 2008.
- JW Lindsay Enterprises Limited., Retrieved June 4, 2008.
- Seawater Cooling System for Buildings Archived 2010-04-06 at the Wayback Machine, Natural Resources Canada: The Office of Energy Efficiency (OEE), Modified October 9, 2005; Retrieved June 3, 2008.
- Purdy's Wharf
- Live Webcam of Halifax Harbour with Purdy's Wharf
- JW Lindsay Enterprises Limited
- Shore Tilbe Irwin & Partners
|This article about a building or structure in Nova Scotia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|