This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nokia PureView is the branding of a combination of technologies used in cameras of Nokia-branded smartphones, and previously, in phones by Microsoft Mobile. PureView was first introduced with Nokia 808 PureView.
PureView cameras have on-chip image processors performing image scaling with oversampling, giving improved digital zoom and reduced noise.Template:Compared to Both are combined with xenon flash, 1080p HD video camera, and high resolution Zeiss all-aspherical 1-group lenses. Unlike Nokia 808, Nokia Lumia 1020 — along with other Lumia PureView smartphone cameras — possess optical image stabilization, which became standard in Lumia PureView bundling. Nokia 808 does, however, compensates with its own exclusive and camera-complementing media features, such as Micro HDMI TV-out, and built-in video editing.
Following the acquisition of the Nokia Devices & Services division by Microsoft, the U.S. software company acquired the PureView name and trademark, but not the related imaging technology, which remained with Nokia, who thereon licensed it to Microsoft.
Since Microsoft's ownership, the technology has only been used in their late-2015 flagship Lumia 950.
PureView cameras have enjoyed universal critical praise as among the best smartphone cameras on the market, and the brand's willingness to experiment and push boundaries in imaging technology have spawned prime examples, such as 41-megapixel Nokia 808 and Nokia Lumia 1020, which still possess the highest resolution image sensor in any smartphone that have been released to date.
- Nokia 808 PureView (Symbian Belle)
- Nokia Lumia 920 (Windows Phone 8)
- Nokia Lumia 925 (Windows Phone 8)
- Nokia Lumia 928 (Windows Phone 8)
- Nokia Lumia Icon (Windows Phone 8)
- Nokia Lumia McLaren (Windows Phone 8.1)
- Nokia Lumia 830 (Windows Phone 8.1)
- Nokia Lumia 930 (Windows Phone 8.1)
- Nokia Lumia 1020 (Windows Phone 8)
- Nokia Lumia 1520 (Windows Phone 8)
- Microsoft Lumia 950 (Windows 10 Mobile)
- Microsoft Lumia 950 XL (Windows 10 Mobile)
- Nokia 9 PureView (Android One based on Android Pie 9.0)
- "Nokia PureView - OIS and Low Light Photography". Nokia. Retrieved September 30, 2012.
- Goode, Lauren (12 August 2013). "Nokia Lumia 1020 Nudges Smartphone Cameras to the Next Level. Smartphone cameras have improved a great deal since the birth of the smartphone". All Things D.
- Smith, Mat (26 June 2012). "Nokia 808 PureView review: the future of mobile imaging, wrapped in the smartphone past". Engadget.
- Arora, Hitesh (16 June 2014). "Microsoft Owns ClearBlack, Lumia, PureView, and Other Nokia Trademarks". N.D.T.V. Gadgets. India.
- "PureView". euipo.europa.eu. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "HMD Global Oy, Nokia Mobiles parent company now owns PureView trademark". Windows Latest. 2018-08-26. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- Michael, Ajah (25 February 2019). "Nokia 9 : Specifications , Review And Cheapest Price In Nigeria". NaijaTechGuy. Nigeria.