This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
PureView (previously Nokia PureView) is the branding of a technology used in Nokia cameras and later in Microsoft Mobile phones. It was first introduced with the Nokia 808 PureView. Following the acquisition of the Nokia Devices & Services division by Microsoft, Microsoft acquired the PureView name and trademark but not the related imaging technology which remained with Nokia, who thereon licensed it to Microsoft. PureView cameras have enjoyed universal critical praise as among the best smartphone cameras on the market and have the brand's willingness to experiment and push boundaries in imaging technology have spawned prime examples such as the 41 megapixel Nokia 808 and the Nokia Lumia 1020 which still possess the highest resolution image sensor in any smartphone that have been released to date.
The cameras boast a dedicated on-chip image processors performing image scaling with oversampling, giving improved digital zoom and reduced noise. Both are combined with a Xenon flash, 1080p HD video camera and high resolution Zeiss all-aspherical 1-group lenses. Unlike the Nokia 808, the Nokia Lumia 1020—along with other Lumia PureView smartphone cameras—possess optical image stabilization, which has now become a part of standard Lumia PureView bundling. the Nokia 808 does however, compensate with its own exclusive and camera complementing media features such as Micro HDMI TV-out and built in video editing.
Since Microsoft's ownership the technology has only been used on their late 2015 flagship Lumia 950.
- Nokia 808 PureView (Symbian Belle)
- Nokia Lumia 920 (Windows Phone 8)
- Nokia Lumia 925 (Windows Phone 8)
- Nokia Lumia 928 (Windows Phone 8)
- Nokia Lumia Icon (Windows Phone 8)
- Nokia Lumia 830 (Windows Phone 8.1)
- Nokia Lumia 930 (Windows Phone 8.1)
- Nokia Lumia 1020 (Windows Phone 8)
- Nokia Lumia 1520 (Windows Phone 8)
- Microsoft Lumia 950 (Windows 10 Mobile)
- Microsoft Lumia 950 XL (Windows 10 Mobile)
- Arora, Hitesh (16 June 2014). "Microsoft Owns ClearBlack, Lumia, PureView, and Other Nokia Trademarks". N.D.T.V. Gadgets.
- "Nokia PureView - OIS and Low Light Photography". Nokia. Retrieved September 30, 2012.
- Goode, Lauren (12 August 2013). "Nokia Lumia 1020 Nudges Smartphone Cameras to the Next Level. Smartphone cameras have improved a great deal since the birth of the smartphone". All Things D.
- Smith, Mat (26 June 2012). "Nokia 808 PureView review: the future of mobile imaging, wrapped in the smartphone past". Engadget.
- "PureView". euipo.europa.eu. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "HMD Global Oy, Nokia Mobiles parent company now owns PureView trademark". Windows Latest. 2018-08-26. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
|This optics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|