|Single by Avicii|
|from the album Stories|
|Released||28 August 2015|
|Avicii singles chronology|
"Pure Grinding" is a 2015 song by Avicii released on Universal Music. The track appeared in his album Stories and on his two-track EP Pure Grinding / For a Better Day. It was written by Tim Bergling (Avicii), Kristoffer Fogelmark, Albin Nedler and Earl Johnson. It was previously leaked on the internet with the title "Nothing to Lose". It is also part of the official soundtrack for the 2015 reboot of Need for Speed.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2015)
The music video was released September 3, 2015. The video displays two lives of men: one man works in the sweaty heat of the desert working in a quarry pick-axing and piling stone bricks on his truck. When the man returns home he finds overdue bills, and an argumentative wife or mother. The other man is a rich and criminal man. He and his gang head out and rob a gas station and even shoot and kill the owner. They next attempt to rob a bank. The men use their guns to scare the employees and hold a few against their will so they rob the safe. When the man and his partners reach the safe they start stacking their money until the alarm sounds and the men flee. As the gang escapes, one man locks the boss in the safe with the money and the video ends with the man enranged and begins to wait for his arrest.
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||71|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||94|
|US Hot Dance/Electronic Songs (Billboard)||30|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Hermes, Will (2 October 2015). "Stories". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- "Austriancharts.at – Avicii – Pure Grinding" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Avicii – Pure Grinding". GfK Entertainment Charts.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Avicii – Pure Grinding". Singles Top 100.
- "Avicii Chart History (Hot Dance/Electronic Songs)". Billboard.
- "Guld- och Platinacertifikat" (in Swedish). IFPI Sweden. Retrieved 27 April 2017. Type Avicii in the top right search bar. Click on "Sok" and select Pure Grinding and see certification.
|This 2010s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|