Pure Love (band)
|Origin||London, UK and Brooklyn, New York, US|
|Genres||Alternative rock, hard rock|
|Associated acts||Gallows, The Hope Conspiracy, The Suicide File, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes|
|Past members||Frank Carter|
Pure Love was an English-American rock band formed in 2011 by former Gallows frontman Frank Carter and ex-The Hope Conspiracy and Suicide File guitarist Jim Carroll, after Carter's departure from Gallows due to "creative differences". The band's musical style was a marked change from the hardcore punk backgrounds of the members.
Frank Carter had made his name in the punk scene with the Hemel Hempstead/Watford-based band Gallows, who were known for their intense live shows. On the back of their success with debut album Orchestra of Wolves, the band signed a £1 million deal with Warner Bros. The deal lasted only 18 months before they were dropped, releasing just one album on the label: 2009's Grey Britain. Carter played his last show with Gallows in August 2011. Jim Carroll had played in numerous bands in his career, notably with The Hope Conspiracy and short-lived hardcore band The Suicide File.
Pure Love was formed in July 2011 after Frank Carter announced his departure from Gallows, with a "teaser" track posted that same month. On February 14, 2012, Pure Love played their first show at Bush Hall in London, during the NME Awards. An album is being recorded with Gil Norton producing. and is slated for a February 2013 release. The début single from the band, "Bury My Bones", was premièred on BBC Radio 1's Rock Show on April 24, 2012 and was made available for a free download. The next single, "Handsome Devils Club", was released at the end of May. A picture posted by the band on Instagram shows 11 track titles for the upcoming album: "Riot", "Beach of Diamonds", "The Hits", "Burning Love", "Handsome Devils Club", "March of Pilgrims", "Anthem", "Scared to Death", "Heavy Chains", "She", and "Bury My Bones". On February 7, 2014, the band announced, via Twitter, that they were going on an indefinite hiatus after some farewell shows in May. On April 16, 2014, The Bunny EP was released digitally on Bandcamp along with a Facebook message reading 'Today seems like a good day for some new music. Here are the last 3 songs we ever recorded!'.
- Studio albums
- Anthems (2013)
- Extended plays
- The Bunny (2014)
- "Bury My Bones" (2012)
- "Handsome Devils' Club" (2012)
- "Riot Song" (2012)
- "Beach of Diamonds" (2012)
- "Pure Love (Frank Carter, Ex-Gallows) Signs To Vertigo Records + Announce London Show". Alter the Press!. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- "Music video by Pure Love performing Bury My Bones. (C) 2012 Mercury Records, a division of Universal Music Operations Limited". PureLoveVevo. Retrieved April 23, 2012.
- "Frank Cater leaves Gallows". Alter the Press!. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- "Gallows' great rock'n'roll swindle". The Guardian. January 6, 2010. Retrieved January 18, 2012.
- "Gallows' Frank Carter posts first music with new project Pure Love online". NME. July 11, 2011. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- "Frank Carter's new band Pure Love play debut gig at NME Awards Show in London". NME. February 15, 2012. Retrieved February 18, 2012.
- "Pure Love (Frank Carter of Gallows) to record debut with Foo Fighters producer". Punknews.org. February 9, 2012. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- "Free Download from Pure Love - Bury My Bones". Pure Love. April 24, 2012. Archived from the original on April 26, 2012. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "Music video of Pure Love performing Handsome Devils Club". PureLoveVevo. May 30, 2012. Retrieved June 21, 2012.
- "This is what a finished record looks like". Pure Love on Instagram. Retrieved June 21, 2012.
- [dead link]