This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Public (PSE: PGOLD)|
|Founded||September 8, 1998|
|Headquarters||Ermita, Manila, Philippines|
Number of locations
|300+ (as of May 2018)|
|Owner||Capital Group Companies (5.4%)|
Puregold Price Club, Inc. or simply Puregold (stylized as PUREGOLD) is a chain of supermarkets in the Philippines, founded in September 8, 1998 by Chinese Filipino businessman Lucio Co and opened its first branch in Mandaluyong City on December 12, 1998. It has grown into a retail chain with more than 300 stores nationwide.
In 2012, Puregold acquired Kareila Management Corp., which owns S&R Membership Shopping and Parco. Over 19 operating outlets were purchased and converted to Puregold. The shareholders of the retail chain Puregold have approved the merger of the other two operating units into the parent company, consolidating Puregold's supermarket businesses under the publicly listed supermarket operator.
In February 2013, global investment firm Capital Group Companies (CGC) bought 5.4% total outstanding stock of Puregold.
In May 2014, Puregold formed a joint venture with Japanese convenience store chain Lawson under the name PG Lawson Inc. Puregold owns 70% of the venture and they opened their first branch in Sta. Ana, Manila on March 30, 2015. 
- "Puregold Price Club Inc.: Board of Directors". Site.puregold.ph. Retrieved 4 January 2017.
- "German, US firms bank on Philippines". Investvine.com. 2013-02-27. Retrieved 2013-04-04.
- "Puregold IPO cited as 2011 Best Mid-Cap IPO by FinanceAsia". Philstar.com. Retrieved 2019-02-28.
- "Press release" (PDF). Pse.com.ph. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- Lucas, Daxim L. "Puregold buys Parco supermarket chain". The Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- "Puregold consolidates supermarket businesses". BusinessWorld. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- "News Release - LAWSON". Lawson.jp. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Puregold.|