|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (August 2014)|
Purex Crystals are a crystal form in-wash laundry fabric softener developed by Henkel. The Dial Corporation, a Henkel subsidiary based in Scottsdale, Arizona, manufactures and distributes the product in North America.
Purex crystals are sold in Europe by Henkel under a different name. The Crystals were the first crystal form fabric softener sold in the United States,[full citation needed] Zooka Creative won a 2012 Effie Award for their marketing campaign for Purex. Purex crystals are made up of 87% natural ingredients and do not reduce the absorbency of towels. They can be safely used on active wear and children’s polyester sleepwear without harming the flame resistance properties or affecting absorbency. In January 2013, Purex launched a version made specifically for babies.
In 2013, the crystals won an award for best laundry fragrance enhancer from the laundry segment of about.com. In addition, the marketing team behind the launch of Purex Crystals won a 2012 Gold Effie Award.
- Elliot, Stuart. "Laundry Products Put Into Yet Another Form". The New York Times. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "Category Captain: Soaps and Detergent: Henkel NA". Progressive Grocer. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Sankin, Aaron. "Effie Awards: Bay Area Companies Clean Up For Year's Best Advertising Campaigns". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Leverette, Mary Marlowe. "Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener - Laundry Product Review". Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Forte, Carolyn. "Purex's New Crystals Fabric Softener". Good Housekeeping. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "Purex Crystals". Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Leverette, Mary Marlowe. "2013 Reader's Choice Award Winners - Best in Laundry". Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "About Effie Awards".